18

Liv and I have some free time between classes. Sometimes we just sit on the lawn and soak up the sun. Now is one of those times. Liv is up kicking around a soccer ball, doing tricks, trying to impress some girl, I'm sure. Well at least she was the last time I looked. I'm stretched out on our blanket with my eyes closed. It feels like a nap is calling me. The heat from the sun feels like an all encompassing hug. I wish I could bottle this feeling and save it forever.
I feel Olivia lay down next to me. I open my eyes and look at her. She's looking at me.
"What?" I ask.
"You woke me up this morning." Olivia says smiling.
I cover my face.
Olivia sighs whistfully. "I remember when you used to say my name like that."
"Liv." I say warningly.
"What?" She asks nonchalantly.
"Don't say stuff like that." I sit up.
"I was just joking."
"I know but it's... disrespectful."
Olivia chuckles. "Disrespectful? Okay."
"It is Liv. I would never say that if you had a new girlfriend and you'd be pissed if you heard your girlfriend's ex say something like that."
Liv sits up. "Chill out. It's not that serious." She's becoming defensive.
"Maybe it is." I reply.
Olivia makes a blowing sound with her mouth and stands up. "I don't know what's gotten in to you but I don't like it, Kat." She grabs her bookbag and her ball.
"So you're leaving?" I ask.
"Yeah. Call me when you're not being so weird."
"Whatever." I roll my eyes and she starts walking away. I angrily fold my blanket and head to class a little earlier than expected. I can't believe her. Suddenly I remember why we broke up.