Epilogue

At an unknown time in the future...

"And that's the story of how an evil villainess and a passerby mob character are united in some unexpected ways."

A woman with otherworldly beauty closed the book in her fair hands.

"Eh???" The two children who were on the bed made ugly faces.

"I don't like it, momma!"

"Yeah, why the female lead have to die?"

"And... And the bad guys live?"

The kids, one boy and one girl, alternated in complaining.

The beauty soon placated them.

"You know the lesson of the story?"

The two dumplings looked like they'd been cheated. Was there even a lesson?

The beauty whose name was Glory, laughed.

"It's that we can't simply classify people into good or bad. Not all bad guys are bad and not all good guys are good. People are just a mix of both."

But the childen were still grumbling complaints.

"Sis, let's give a bad review to author-sama!"

"Yea! Let's!"

Glory sighed, tenderness evident in her eyes.

"The female lead in the story thought that she can have it all because she felt like she was the lucky chosen one. But... Aren't we all the main leads of our lives?

...The one they called the villainess, she was also the female lead of her own story. We are all responsible for the actions we take in our lives so we can't blame others if we make a grave mistake."

Only the sound of crickets chirping was heard.

Glory laughed again, as though she wasn't ultra serious just a few seconds ago.

"Aiya, sleep now. There's school tomorrow. You'll understand these things in the future... You mustn't make the same mistake."

She nearly whispered the last sentence.

Glory tucked the two munchkins and kissed them goodnight. Having them was exhausting but she wouldn't ever regret it.

Yet her large eyes misted due to some untold tale.

It was said that the first King and Queen of Lei Feng were the best military leaders this world could ever witness.

They ushered Lei Feng in its first golden era and built deep and stable foundations for the kingdom and its future generations.

To the point that most of the laws they implemented back then were still used in this modern era, albeit as model laws and reference for new laws and even historical research.

Their reign saw the beginning of embracing differences, breaking walls that traditions had built and raising the commoners' worth.

The territories they subordinated were given just the right autonomy to care for its people.

Those were the times when men of power who dared turn their backs on their motherland, were faced with horrendous punishments for all the world to witness.

And the patriots who did great merits were elevated and rewarded generously.

The First Monarchs were decisive rulers who did all things to the extreme. There was no in between.

History recorded that they had four daughters, the valkyries of Lei Feng who, after their parents, conquered lands in four cardinal directions.

Of course, history was often exaggerated and some facts would be missing in the archive of time.

But Glory had a gut feeling. Knowing those two, the probability of their offsprings being legendary wasn't far-fetched.

Still, Glory couldn't confirm.

She had a bittersweet smile as she closed the door.

Her hand, from habit or instinct, hovered over her abdomen.

She wondered how that child grew up.

Wondered how that child's father coped up.

If only... time would go back.

But it was also good this way.

At least, all her memories were intact.

Memories that were blissful and painful the next second.

Still, she didn't want to forget.

Once, she woke up in Da Xia.

Met the greatest love she could ever have. And bore him a child she could never see after birth.

Tragic, yes.

But a miracle could only happen once.

And she already wasted her chance.

---

With all my hidden clues, if you still don't know who this gal is, look at the Glossary for name meanings la~ ✌

If you loved this work, please also check out my Completed story titled Transmigrated Author which is a Wattpad Exclusive. There's also an Ongoing story called Beauty Feng under Wattpad Creators Program. I swear you won't regret it!

 I swear you won't regret it!