Chapter 3 - Interruption

"Soyyyy boyyyy!" I heard Felix shout. He was recording a video, which was very convenient because I was also trying to record one. It's not very quiet when two youtubers live together. Especially when those youtubers are jacksepticeye and PewDiePie.

I was doing buzzfeed quizzes since I had recieved a lot of requests to do those for a video. I didn't have anything else to record so I went with that idea. I had been recording for 10 minutes so far without interruption or something going wrong until Felix started screaming.

I wasn't going to bother getting Robin to edit that out. It would probably bring joy to the viewers anyway. I rolled my eyes and looked into the camera.

"Sorry guys, Felix is making a video, so you might hear a lot more of that." And they sure did. He didn't repeatedly shout soy boy, but he did shout other random words and phrases that sounded really weird without context. There was no point in hoping he would be quiet any time soon, so I decided to go and talk to him.

I got up out of my seat in my own studio (me and Felix had individual ones) and left the room, walking down to the end of the hall where Felix's studio was. I slowly opened the door, wondering if he would notice. He didn't. He had his headphones plugged in and he was talking rather loudly. Damn, people think I'm loud.

I made my way towards him. He still hadn't noticed. Infact, he didn't realise I was there until I took his headphones off his head. He looked over at me with a little fear and shock in his eyes, then frustration and irritation, then happiness and joy.

"What are you doing?" He asked, now speaking in a much quieter tone.

"I came to tell you to shut the fuck up. I'm trying to shoot a video and I'm pretty sure all the viewers will be able to hear is you shouting 'soy boy'." He looked a little bit embarassed but he laughed it off.

"Ok, sorry. I'll quieten down."

"Thank you." I said, before bending down to kiss him on the head. He looked up at me and smiled before grabbing his headphones and placing them back on his head. I slowly walked out of the room, watching as he once again engaged in the video that he was creating.

Ever since people had found out that me and Felix were dating, we hadn't filmed a single video together, or really mentioned each other. We didn't want people to just fixate and focus on the fact that we were more than friends. We wanted them to remember that we are individual people and there is more to us than just the fact that we are a couple. So we decided not to make any videos together, for a while anyway.

We'd had so many requests for videos together, such as another bottle flip challenge, a gaming video together, like the ones we would film when we were just friends and nothing more. But then there have also been requests like 'Couple's Who Is More Likely To?' and 'How Well Do You Know Your Partner' which we weren't too keen on doing.

We knew one day we would make a video like that, where we'd show the more romantic side of us, but for the first few videos we would make together, they would just be like the ones we would shoot before we started dating.

I didn't make a big deal about me and Felix or my sexuality. Felix filmed a short video which was about 5 minutes long explaining that he was bisexual but he didn't mention anything about us dating. I decided to make things clear in a tweet that read:

My day's been pretty good so far. By the way I'm bisexual and me and Felix are dating, bye bye

Obviously a lot of people didn't believe me and thought I was just joking and messing around. Then more people started believing it when Felix hopped onto Twitter saying:

Some people are struggling to believe the tweet Jack made a couple of days ago. It is true, we're dating. We just didn't want to make a huge video about it and make a big fuss, so Jack put it in a tweet. We hope you can accept us :)

Felix was being a lot more formal about it than me. I didn't really care how I got the message across as long as I did get it across. Even after Felix's tweet, a lot of people still didn't believe us. They thought it was just some elaborate prank. That was until they saw no tweets off anybody denying what we had said, and people like Mark and Ethan were making tweets saying that it is true and that me and Felix don't really want to say more about the situation for the time being.

After a month or two, mostly everybody believed it and we mainly just recieved messages off fans saying they support us, they 'always shipped us', they love us no matter what, and other things along the same lines. Both me and Felix lost a few fans, but that didn't really bother us. We still had most of our fanbase left, so what was the problem really?

We planned on making our first video together a reddit 50/50. It was weird: the first time we did one of those, the first thing we did was hug. We were just good, close friends back then. This time when we were to do it all over again, we were way more than that.