Chapter 15 - Break In

I lay in bed, not being able to even think about going to sleep. All I could do was stare at the beautiful boy sleeping soundly next to me, and think about all of the bullshit that had happened earlier that day. Especially what happened when we got back from Ken's house.

I looked behind me and there stood a tipsy Mark, kind of struggling to keep his balance. I couldn't believe what I was seeing: the person we both wanted to see the least at that moment, in our house, in our bedroom.

"What. The fuck. Are you doing here Mark?" I asked, nearly ready to start a fight with him, even though I was certain he would be the one to win.

"I came to apologise. Not just to Jack." He seemed like he was being pretty genuine: I could see the sincerity in his eyes. But that didn't make me want to talk to him anymore than I did.

"Too bad Mark. Neither of us want to see you again. And how the hell did you get into my house?!"

"The door was unlocked so I just walked in." That was my fault. I could feel Jack's stare burning into my back. Trust me to forget to lock the door.

"Well, it's still unlocked, so could you do us all a favour and walk back out? Before I break your fucking nose?" I was making promises I couldn't keep, and after every word that came out of my mouth, I grew more and more anxious. Mark growled at my comment, but then ignored me, looking over at Jack, who was still lying in bed with the pugs.

"Jack. Just lemme talk to you please." He said, slurring his words a little.

"Why should I? Why the fuck should I give you what you want, when you took one of the things I wanted away from me?"

"What was that?"

"Our friendship. You know, I bet if you hadn't had been such a petty douchebag, and remained friends with me, that whole thing at Ken's party wouldn't have happened. But it did. And you have nobody but yourself to blame for that." Jack seemed to be controlling the situation a lot more calmy and maturely than I thought he would. Honestly, I thought he would be swearing and throwing threats around by now.

"Now get out of my fucking house before I kick you out." There it is.

"Jack, I get that you're mad, I do. But I'm really sorry. The way I acted today, and on that phone call, was unacceptable and I'm well aware of that. I never intended on acting the way I did earlier, but then I saw you and we were alone and I just...I'm sorry. I feel awful."  Jack didn't say anything and neither did I. I thought it would be best just to keep my mouth shut for the most part.

"Ok. You seem sorry. And you've apologised how many times so...I forgive you." My jaw dropped. How could he forgive him so easily, just like that?! Mark began to beam, despite seeing the displeased look on my face.

"Thank you so-"

"Psych bitch, get out of my house!" Jack flipped him off as we watched the smile on Mark's face dissapear. Instead the smile was on my face. Mark growled and left as Jack had requested.

I couldn't stop replaying those scenes in my head. It was almost like my player was broke, and I just had to keep replaying that chapter over and over again. Jack was sleeping soundly. I didn't know how. Surely, he must have been a little shaken up from that day. Although, Jack is very good at hiding things. Too good, in fact.