Chapter 14 - Cadillac

"So that's what happened?" We were at home in our bedroom. I was lying in bed feeling absolutely exhausted. I had just finished explaining to Felix what had happened, all while messaging Ken. He had told me that pretty much as soon as me and Felix left, Mark did as well, despite everybody telling him to stay and asking him questions about what happened outside.

I nodded, knowing his reaction wouldn't be a good one. He paced across the room a little, before grabbing our TV remote and throwing it across the room, making the batteries fly out of the controller when they hit the wall.

"How the fuck could he do that to you?! He knows you're with me, he knows you would never ever have those feelings for him! Why does he think it's ok to take advantage of you like that?! And here I am thinking he was actually going to leave you alone today."

I sighed, knowing it would take a lot to calm him down.

"I know it's bad Fe. I know. But please don't get too worked up over it. It's over now, it's a thing of the past. It doesn't matter anymore."

"But he can't do that to you and think he's gonna get away with it! And trust me, he is NOT going to get away with it. Infact, I'm gonna go back to Ken's place and settle this with the motherfucker." He opened the bedroom door, but instead of someone leaving, somebody came in.

Edgar and Mya waddled in, putting a smile on my face. For a brief moment, it put one of Felix's too. But the smile quickly faded. The pugs jumped onto the bed cuddling up to me. I stroked them both, a little happier that they were with me.

"Don't bother Fe. There's no point, you'll just make the situation worse. Besides, Mark isn't even there anymore. He left that place pretty much as soon as we did, Ken told me." He looked confused at first and then looked like a wave of realisation had hit him.

"Doesn't Mark drive a red cadillac?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow to the random question.

"Yeah. Why?" He went over to the window and looked out of it before looking back at me with a mixture of concern and anger in his eyes.

"There's a red cadillac outside of our house." I shrugged my shoulders, not that bothered.

"Ok, so? Could be anybodys. And if it is his just ignore him if he comes knocking on the door." He nodded and sat down on the bed next to the pugs. He gave them a quick fuss before placing his hand on mine.

"Can I ask you something?" I nodded.

"Do you miss him?" I was lost for words. I wasn't all too sure on the answer. Felix obviously wanted me to say that I didn't miss him and had no intention befriending him, but that wasn't my answer.

"I dunno...kinda, yeah. I mean, he was my best friend. It feels weird not having him around to talk to and laugh with. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear but-" I was interrupted by loud bangs on our front door. Felix quickly got up from the bed to look out of the window. The knocks had startled the pugs, so they were beginning to growl.

"I fucking knew it, the sly bastard." Judging by what Felix had said, Mark was the one knocking at the door.

"Just ignore him. He can't make us open the door." He nodded. He was about to start speaking again, when Mark began knocking on the door again. This really upset the pugs and they started barking loudly. I tried to get them to calm down and be quiet but the more I did that, the louder they got.

"He'll go away soon. He can't knock all night." Felix said. I think he could tell I was a little bit scared. Mark was a tough guy so he could fight both of us quite easily if he wanted to. After a couple of minutes, the knocking ceased.

"I think he's gone." I said hopefully.

Boy was I wrong.