Chapter 6 - Acceptance

"Where's my boyfriend at?" I asked, walking down the stairs after not being able to find him on the third floor. Surprisingly, he had woken up before me. When I opened my eyes that morning the bed was empty, so I decided to get up and go look for Felix. So far, I hadn't found him.

After a thorough check of the second floor, I concluded that he wasn't there either. I walked down the stairs to the first floor of the house, to see Felix sat on the sofa in the living room. Straight away, I knew something was wrong.

It's very unusual for Felix to get up before me, especially at such an early time. It was 7 am, the time that I usually wake up in the morning. Felix normally gets up at around 9 or 10 am, sometimes 8, very rarely 7, but never before me. So I knew something was probably on his mind. He was also on the couch staring at the TV, even though it wasn't switched on. He wasn't on his phone or anything, he was just sitting there in silence, staring at the blank TV screen.

I crept up behind him and then wrapped my arms around him. He didn't seem too thrilled when I made my prescence known.

"Hey babe." I kissed him on the cheek, to which he didn't react. It took him a few seconds to even do anything at all.

"Hi." He eventually said. I slowly removed my arms from around his neck and made my way towards the couch to sit next to him.

"You ok?" He didn't respond.

"Don't answer that. It's a dumb question. You're obviously not ok." I sat down and wrapped an arm around him, putting my other hand on his thigh, rubbing my hand up and down it soothingly.

"Has something happened that I'm not aware of?" He nodded, not even hesitant to answer. Damn. If only I was more like him.

"Wanna talk about it?" He nodded again. It was so easy for him. He looked at me, tears in his eyes. Whatever was wrong, it had to be bad, because it takes a lot to make Felix cry.

"So, what's happened?" I asked, rubbing his thigh and shoulder to try and make him feel at least a little better.

"It's my parents...they fucking hate me."

"I'm sure they don't. They don't have any reason to hate you."

"They hate me cuz I'm bi. They hate me even more cuz I have a boyfriend..." I had only met Felix's parents twice: once when they came over to see Fe and the second time when Felix took me on a holiday to Sweden with him. They seemed like nice and humble people, so I was shocked to hear what Felix said.

"Are you just assuming that? I highly doubt that they don't love you anymore just because of the fact you have a boyfriend, you're their only son."

"They did love me. They loved me before I came out to them. Now they wish they never had me. They were messaging me things like 'don't ever make contact with us again' and 'we hope you break up with that boy soon and realise that this is wrong'. They want me to leave you because they think you're 'feeding me poison'. They think you've manipulated me into being something 'evil'. And if you don't believe me, you can look at my phone, the proof is on there."

I was in shock. Felix's parents, his own mother and father, had gone ahead and said those vile things to him. I would never have been able to imagine such horrible words coming out of their mouths. When I met them they seemed like such kind and accepting people. Clearly, that was just an act, a charade.

"Fe...I don't know what to say. Your parents seemed like such nice people...clearly they were putting on some sort of show when I met them. I'm so sorry they've gone ahead and done this. They shouldn't be treating you the way they are."

He lost control of his actions and the tears that were in his eyes came rolling down his cheeks. I hated seeing Felix cry. It was one of the worst things in the world to look at, seeing my own boyfriend in tears.

"I just can't believe they are trying to get me to break up with you. I don't want to break up with you, you're the best god damn thing that has ever happened to me. I don't wanna leave you just because of them." I gave him a weak smile and wiped away the tears on his face with my thumb.

"Don't you worry about it babe. I know it's hard to hear your own parents, the people who raised you say all these things. I get it. But don't beat yourself up over it. You're so much better than they say you are. You don't need to feel guilty or bad for being bisexual and having a boyfriend, just because they don't think it's right. Fuck them. If they don't think it's right then just let them go on with their day. Think about all of the people that do accept you, like your sister, your fans, your friends, me. All those people are here for you, no matter what. You know I sure as well am."

For the first time since I had found him that morning he smiled and sniffled, still crying silently. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a tight hug, cherishing the moment while it lasted. He hugged me back, holding onto me tightly, running his hands through my hair.

"I love you so much. Thank you." He said, his voice cracking a little bit.

"I love you too. And it's ok. You don't have to thank me. I'm always here for you."