ᴢᴇɴɪᴛsᴜ ᴀɢᴀᴛsᴜᴍᴀ ⇝ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀʏ ɪᴛ

Requested by ThePrideTaco

Happy reading ♡

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"(NAME)! PLEASE MARRY ME!!"

"No, Zenitsu."

Just a normal day in the butterfly estate, you and the others: Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke were doing chores inside the premises. Shinobu had ordered you to clean the whole area to compensate for the days you have stayed and for always tending your injuries for free. You were already content by doing chores for Shinobu and you're willingly going to comply with her since you don't want to mess with the insect pillar.

Despite the friendly and considerate vibes she gives, under that mask of hers was a merciless and terrifying Shinobu. You even recalled the day when Inosuke pissed the pillar by being stubborn and called her an old hag, and that leads to his face being slammed against the wall that causes it to crack and his head bled. That's why you, Tanjiro and Zenitsu swore that you won't ever make Shinobu mad or else you're not going to see the next sunrise ever again.

"Marry me, (Name)! I'm going to die if you don't marry me! I can sense that my time in this world is running off! I need a wife before I die!" He shrieked which you only sighed in annoyance.

"You're not going to die, Zenitsu. You're being delusional," you said matter of factly and handed him a rag to wipe the wooden floors.

"But (Name)! You have to believe me! Please marry me!!" Zenitsu went hysterical and abruptly lunged at you, hugging your legs while he was kneeling down on the floor, begging for your acceptance.

Stoically, you pushed his face away from your legs, trying to remove his grasp on you. To be honest, you're not that surprised whenever Zenitsu was in his lunatic mode and begging for your acceptance to his preposterous marriage proposal. You're already used to it that it became your daily routine for always hearing his confession. Before, you panicked and were astonished when you first met him with Tanjiro and his sister.

Who won't be surprised when he suddenly pushed himself to you and asked you to marry him out of nowhere. That's why you didn't hesitate to land a punch on his face and send him flying in the air because you thought if he's some sort of a pervert or a maniac. Of course, you regretted it in the end and apologized to the blonde boy because Tanjiro explained the whole situation; saying that he's been like that since from the very beginning. However, as time passes by, the thunder breath user still hasn't stopped pestering you about that vacuous marriage. Quite, to be frank, Zenitsu's incessant persuasion really gets on your nerves and what's more surprising is that... due to his constant pleading, you realized that you grew some romantic feelings towards the boy that you didn't expect to happen.

It's not the only reason why you fell for Zenitsu, it's because he has some good qualities despite him being a coward. At first, you thought that Zenitsu is a goner due to the day when he and you were sent to a mission together and he suddenly fell asleep in the middle of a predicament with the demon. You didn't know what you should do after that, the only thing that's dwelling in your mind is to protect the blonde boy and defeat the demon.

But before you can unsheathe your sword, a gust of wind blows right next to you and in a flash, you see the demon's neck being slashed by Zenitsu. You were utterly astounded when you saw him in action, you feel his whole personality suddenly changed and your eyes didn't follow his quick movements because, in just a blink of an eye, the demon was already defeated by him. And that's the reason why you started to see him in a different way rather than the others, then you just realized one day that you like him as much as he does.