ᴢᴇɴɪᴛsᴜ ᴀɢᴀᴛsᴜᴍᴀ ⇝ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴡᴀɪᴛ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ

Just wanna greet a happy birthday for me! I'm already old LMAO.

Happy reading!

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Everyone in the demon slayer corps had known you as the cold-blooded person who they haven't seen smiling even if it's an infinitesimal one. Of course, Zenitsu knows you too since you've been with them: Tanjiro, Inosuke and Nezuko ever since they become demon hunters.

For Zenitsu, the first time he laid his eyes on you, he already deemed that you were attractive and cute. However, he doesn't like the vibes you give.

You would only gaze at him with indifference and will respond with an insipid answer before walking off.

Years of being together; Zenitsu had become accustomed of your cold demeanour and sometimes you two would chat about things if Zenitsu would rant about something like Inosuke was being an asshole again and how Tanjiro will pamper the boar masked boy. His tirades about his missions and he thought he was going to die.

Then after that portentous day that he won't ever forget; the day where he didn't expect that kind of question would escape from your mouth and rendered him speechless:

"Will you marry me, Zenitsu?"

Your voice was monotonous, Zenitsu couldn't distinguish if you were being earnest or you were just tantalizing him. He doesn't know what to feel at that moment but it felt like... none.

Isn't he supposed to feel happy? Ecstatic? Leaping in joy? Because this is what he wants right? He wants to marry someone and feel the love that he was yearning for. So why he was feeling different from what he had always dreamt of if someone confessed and loves him?

To tell you honestly, he feels creepy all of a sudden.

You give him the chills; the same chills every time he was on his mission and confronting demons.

Since Zenitsu doesn't know how he will react and say to you, he suddenly runs off which causes you to be dumbfounded for a reason.

Since that day, Zenitsu was doing a great job from eluding you. But whenever there's a day where you two would stumble upon each other and the new leader of the demon slayer corps had announced for a pillar meeting; Zenitsu doesn't have any choice but to deal with your persistent marriage proposal.

"Marry me, Zenitsu," you said with your still monotonous voice. And then there's Zenitsu, bestowing you a ghost odious countenance just for you to unable to discern how he gave you such offending look.

Despite that you creep him out to bits, he still respects you as a woman and he's not an idiot like Inosuke who would just gabble things that will drastically offend you and wound your heart. He's a dense bastard after all.

You're not thick-skulled not to notice how the one you like for years was avoiding you with all his might. After the straightforward marriage proposal that you told him, that's when Zenitsu started to become more distant and would run away when he just spotted you from afar.

Of course, it broke your heart knowing that he was avoiding you and you weird him out since you abruptly asked for his hand in marriage out of nowhere.

In fact, you don't regret what you just did because that's how the way you express your sincere feelings and love towards the thunder breath user. Well to be precise, a part of you really wants to marry Zenitsu but it certainly spook the boy and causes him to be leery and evade you with passion.

But, until the day when you made it on time from saving him from the demon who had paralyzed him. You had instantly carried him bridal-style and you have no idea how abashed Zenitsu was because it's really uncool of him to be carried by a woman. If Inosuke was with you, no doubt that he will make fun of him until the sun rises. But it's not his fault since he couldn't move a single muscle because of whatever the demon had stabbed him.

When Zenitsu was taking a break and still healing, he decided to take a walk outside to inhale some fresh air since the air in his room was smothering him. While he was wandering around, he suddenly heard voices talking from the corner of the estate where the garden was located at. Zenitsu didn't move in his spot when he heard his name being mentioned by a familiar deadpan voice. And that was you.

"I know Zenitsu's avoiding me because I suddenly blurted out a marriage proposal out of the blue. Well, you can't blame me for being candid because that's how I love him to the point I'm the one asking for his hand in marriage... I just love Zenitsu with all my heart... that's how sincere I am."

Zenitsu's jaw clenched and balled his hands into fists before quietly trudging back towards his room.

Night has fallen and you were walking towards Zenitsu's room to give him his dinner that Aoi had cooked. Upon reaching your destination, you take a deep breath before knocking on the door.

Zenitsu darted his eyes at the door where you just appeared with a tray in your hands. He keenly watched you, sauntering closer to his bed and studied your usual impassive expression.

Honestly speaking, he still couldn't erase the words you had said a little while ago. It really stunned him in which his mind was whirling with your tranquil voice and the remark that really shoot his heart and felt his stomach coil pleasantly.

He doesn't want to admit it but... it really warmed his heart and he can feel the sincerity in your tone while saying your dialogue.

"I'm going to leave it here, if you want something you can call Aoi or Tanjiro," you informed then place the tray on the bedside table. "I'm going to leave now..."

You pivot your body and were about to take a leave but suddenly halted when you feel Zenitsu's cold hand grabbed your wrist.

You peered over your shoulders to sight him and you had never been so shocked in your entire life before. His actions seriously confused you specifically you knew that he has been avoiding you.

"Zenitsu?" You subconsciously asked as the blonde boy only stared into space and clutching the mattress.

"Don't leave just yet..." he barely said but you heard him flawlessly.

You leisurely dropped your arm that he was holding to which Zenitsu took the hint to retract his hand from your wrist.

"Why?"

Zenitsu doesn't know how to respond to your one-word question. The only thing that's been lingering inside his head is that he wants you to stay for a bit and he doesn't know why. Ever since he overheard your genuine confession, he had this feeling that he wants to stick with you for just a moment. The chills that he has been feeling for you before... it already disappeared in just a snap of the fingers.

He doesn't know why but... he feels so pleased and merry for some unknown reason.

"I just want to talk to you is all..." his response, making you arch your one eyebrow.

"Are you accepting my marriage proposal?" You suddenly blurted that causes Zenitsu to briskly dart his eyes at you.

"I DIDN'T EVEN SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THAT!" He snapped.

"Oh, okay..."

Zenitsu can recognise the melancholy in your tone and it makes his heart clenched, witnessing how your eyes sunk and not looking straight at him.

Instinctively, Zenitsu catches you off guard by encircling his hands around your waistline, drawing you towards him. You gasped at his sudden action and looked at him with wide eyes. The thunder breath user merely buried his face into your abdomen and spoke.

"Don't make such a face... I'm sorry..." was he only said, not moving from his position from hugging you.

Although you couldn't understand what he was doing right now. But nevertheless, to say, you absolutely love it, feeling Zenitsu's embrace that you've been dreaming for.

"I love you, Zenitsu... even if you don't love me back..." you softly say while running your fingers through his smooth silky blonde hair.

"I don't know... but please give me more time... to reciprocate your feelings... I want to learn to love you..." he answered between your hug and you feel him nestled his face into your belly.

A warm smile brandished on your face and nodded your head.

"I'll wait for you..."