ᴍᴜɪᴄʜɪʀᴏ ᴛᴏᴋɪᴛᴏ ⇝ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴀ ᴅᴇʙᴛ

Requested by Kaguhoe

Happy reading ♡

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"(Name), you are so cool!" Tanjiro said in amazement as you were done training with the dummies in your training grounds.

You deliberately turned your head to look at him and bestow him a gentle smile. "Really? Thank you."

Tanjiro and you were childhood friends-- actually, you were his adoptive sister. His father found you in one of the deserted houses when he was roaming around a certain place. When he passed through one of the run-down houses, a loud cry of a baby resonated in his ears. Due to his curiosity, he didn't hesitate to look for the weeping voice inside the abandoned house. His father searched further around the premises until the crying fits of the baby were becoming more distinct. Tanjiro's father rushed to find your tiny figure until his feet guided him to a certain room. Gradually sliding the door open, there he saw you at the corner of the room where your body was shrouded with a blanket.

When he first discovered you, he felt sympathy towards you and prayed for your parents who just abandoned your feeble state. Since he's already there, he doesn't want to abandon you due to the fact that you're still a baby who doesn't know about the little things in the world. Most of all, he doesn't want the worst thing to happen; a demon might detect you and eat you without any commiseration. Therefore, he decided to adopt you and that's where you grew up with the Kamados. You're really thankful to Tanjiro's parents for adopting someone like you. His mother treated you like her own daughter, same as his father. All of his siblings were really fond of you and saw you as their big sister.

However, the joyous moments with them were momentary, until when a storm suddenly bombarded your family. You and Tanjiro were heading back to your home, you tag along with your foster brother since it's been a while since you last sold coals together in the town. At first, he rejected your offer but after telling him the reason, he gave up and allowed you to come with him.

Tanjiro has a keen sense of smell, so when you saw his terrified expression while heading back, you felt apprehensive for some unknown reason and followed Tanjiro who was sprinting towards your household. Then that's when the new beginning of your life commenced, Nezuko turned into a demon and both of you decided to become demon hunters to return Nezuko from being a human again.

You swore to yourselves that you're going to eliminate Kibutsuji Muzan and won't die until you succeed in your plan.

"We should head back to the butterfly estate, Shinobu-san's probably looking for us," Tanjiro implies, which you merely shook your head.

"You should go ahead, Tanjiro. I'll follow suit," you replied. The burgundy haired boy was leery of leaving you behind but seeing you bequeathing him an assuring smile, he only let out a sigh before nodding.

"Don't overwork yourself too much, (Name). I'm worried about you."

"Yes, yes. I'm not going to take long," smiling, you once again prepared your sword to take the dummies in your training grounds. Tanjiro bid his goodbye, leaving you alone.

Inhaling some fresh air, you leisurely opened your eyes then prepared your sword to slash the dummies, perceiving they were demons.

Muichiro who was taking a stroll around to find some serene place, his ears abruptly perked when he heard some sword being slashed and rustles of the leaves. Tracking the sound, his eyes settled on your figure who was relentlessly swinging your sword in a very elegant way. Muichiro's mint green orbs shimmered while watching your sophisticated moves and slicing the dummies at an expeditious pace.