The New Guy

Baekhyun was walking to his new high school humming to himself. Shifting his bag on his shoulders he pulled out his phone to look at his GPS. 'Just how much farther?' He wondered.

He didn't want to be late on his first day. He's transferred a month into the school year as his father moved for work.

He was looking for the next street sign on the map when he saw a classic car drive by. 'Was that a 1967 Impala? Aren't those expensive?'. Looking at the map, the car had gone where he was headed. Possibly one of the students of the school?

He put his phone away and continued to walk.

After a few minutes he saw the school. He walked onto the front courtyard and couldn't believe his eyes. This place was rich. Now, he wasn't bad off but spending money all crazy wasn't possible. These people however could clearly do that.

He walked through the double doors of the school to find the office. After a minute of searching he found a door with 'main office' labeling it. He pushed open the door and the receptionist turn to him. "Hello, is there something you need?"

Baekhyun stepped up to the desk. "Um, hi. I'm a new student, i just transferred here." The woman at the desk turned to her computer and clicked a few things. "Your name sir? " she said in a polite tone. "Byun Baekhyun." She tapped on the keyboard a moment before heading to the printer to grab what she had printed.

She handed him a piece of paper. "That is your class schedule. Would you like a student to help you find your classes?" She asked with a nice tone. Baekhyun thought for a moment before deciding that he'd rather not get lost. "Yes ma'am. If it's not too much of a bother." She nodded her head and grabbed the phone on her desk. "Hello. This is Mrs. Dean in the main office. We have a transfer student here who would like a little help. Could you send Minseok?"

With a quick 'thank you' she hung up the phone and turned to Baekhyun. "A student will be here to help you shortly. Have a great first day!" She said with a smile.

Baekhyun stepped into the hallway to wait for the student.

He was just tapping his foot when he saw someone coming near.

"Hi, are you the transfer student?" The boy in front of him asked with a small smile. "Yeah. My name is Baekhyun, nice to meet you." The boy smiled wider. "My name's Minseok, but you can call me Xiumin. Can I see your schedule?" Baekhyun handed his schedule to Xiumin and looked around nervously. This place looked huge. There must be a lot of students here.

"Sweet, we have the same schedule!" Xiumin said happily. "You can just follow me for your first week until you get used to the place. Our first class starts in ten minutes, we should get going."

Xiumin started walking down the long hallway. "Hey, wait up!" Baekhyun yelled after him.

"Here we are." Xiumin stated as he stepped into the classroom and sat down. As soon as Baekhyun stepped in the teacher motioned for him . "I assume you're the new student?" He nodded his head. "Attention class! This is our new student, Byun Baekhyun. Please be polite to him and help him get through his first day."

Everyone in the room said welcome, almost everyone. Baekhyun locked eyes with the one guy who didn't for just a second before he noticed Xiumin motion for him. "Sit next to me!" Baekhyun slowly walked to the back of the class and sat down. This would be a long day.

Lunch time
-------------------
Baekhyun was following Xiumin into the lunch room when he noticed two people waving at Xiumin. "Hey Xiu! Who's the new guy?" A very happy looking blond asked. The blond was sitting at a table with a polite looking brunette. "Luhan, Chen. This is Baekhyun. Baekhyun, these are my friends Luhan and Chen." 

"Hello!" The blond chimed. "I'm Luhan! Nice to meet you!" The brunette smile slightly and said "Hi, I'm Chen. Nice to meet you Baekhyun. Please, sit with us."

As Baekhyun sat down he noticed the table across from them. It was the same black haired guy from earlier with who Baekhyun assumed were his friends. He was talking with a blank face, no sign of emotion. That couldn't be normal, right?

"Baekhyun?" He hears his name and sees snapping in front of his face. "Ah, sorry!" He says. Luhan sighs before talking. "What were you staring at?" "Nothing." Luhan shrugs before asking. "Like i was saying, why'd you transfer here?" Baekhyun shifted a little before answering. "My father moved here for a job." "Oh, i see. Well, we're your new friends now! At least you have that going for you." Baekhyun smiled. "Thanks, you guys."

End of the day
----------------------
'Phew that was a long day. At least i have three new friends. I happened to get their numbers as well. Time to head home.' Baekhyun thought. On his walk back home he saw the same car. This time he could see the driver. It was the same black haired guy from class.