Unplanned

On the first day of senior year, Percy was, to none of Annabeth's surprise, sick.

She was polite to everyone, but her heart wasn't really in it. She'd counted on having him there.

Then she got to math. The teacher, a lady named Ms Little (who Annabeth was absolutely sure was not a monster) started to go over the units they'd be covering during the year.

"First, we'll be doing advanced geometry. It's a little like architecture. Does anyone know anything about it?"

Annabeth forgot about Percy's absence for a second, and before she could help herself, she and Ms Little were having a conversation about schematics and common mistakes and all the rest.

Some girls who'd been busy looking in compact mirrors up till then spared a glance at Annabeth. One of them shouted, "Looser!"

Annabeth was above the stupid mortals, though. She'd seen Aphrodite girls obsessed with their reflections with better manners than them.

After math, she went back to missing Percy. And after school, she went to visit him.

Sally greeted her at the door.

"Hi, Annabeth. Percy's in his-"

A loud groan that sounded suspiciously like "Annabeth" escaped Percy's room.

"Uh, thanks Sally. I'll go check on him."

What she saw was a mop of greasy black hair on top of a pale head. He lay down in his bed with a bottle of water to his left and a bucket of water to his right. He was making little streams float around the room.

"Percy."

He grinned. "Hi."

She walked up to his side and put her hand over his, then fed him some ambrosia.

"I have a plan," she said.

-The next day-

Back in math class, with the same girls checking each other's hair, Annabeth and Percy sat next to each other.

The ambrosia had healed him in a matter of minutes. The only reason he was still nervous was because of her plan.

The girls noticed Percy and started frantically combing their hair with their fingers. Finally they sorted themselves out.

"Hey," one of them called. The others beckoned Percy over. "Here's an empty seat. Come sit." She gave a perfect smiling.

He glanced at the clock. Class wasn't starting for another few minutes.

They kept grinning and Annabeth whispered in his ear. "Start the plan!"

Reluctantly he brought his hands to his neck and fell to the floor.

"Oh no!" He shouted. "I'm choking!"

All the girls rushed over. "Ehmagawd! Are you okay?"

Annabeth pushed them all out of the way. "Stop! He needs CPR!" Without any warning, she planted her lips on his. There was a collective gasp in the whole room.

She pulled away after a long kiss. "Better?" She asked.

"Better," he agreed.

Annabeth stood. "You've all been fooled. The Seaweed Brain you're flirting with has been my boyfriend for over a year. Trust me, we've been to hell and back."

The dejected girls shuffled back to their seats.

Percy laughed. "That went better than expected."

"My plans always work, Seaweed Brain."

He didn't object.

At the end of the day, they stood outside, and shared another kiss. Someone clearing her throat interrupted them.

It was one of the girls. "So, was that part of your plan?"

Their faces colored.

"No," he said, locking eyes with Annabeth. "That was unplanned."

__________________________

Did anyone think the title meant an unplanned pregnancy?

I finished the Blood of Olympus, and as much as it sucks that the series is over... Well, I'm happy. I'm not going to spoil anything.