Sweet and Bitter

November 26, 1963
I came to the conclusion that Allison wasn't going to come after all. I never told Bendy about her since I feared he would be upset that I ran into her.

Bendy went to go check on The Butcher Gang since he could hear them arguing. I couldn't hear them, but he said he had to stop them before they did something stupid. That meant I was all alone for the time being. Since there wasn't anything I could do I decided to just clean around the haven. Cleaning in silence was boring so I turned on the radio that Bendy gave me and tried to find a station that was most suitable for me. I soon came across a station that played songs from the 1930's so I decided to leave it on while I clean.

An oldy song came on and it was one of my all time favorites. And since it was my favorite I couldn't resist singing along with it.

"Of all the boys I've known, and I've known some
Until I first met you, I was lonesome
And when you came in sight, dear, my heart grew light
And this old world seemed new to me"

I stopped sweeping and used the broom as a mic.

"You're really swell, I have to admit you
Deserve expressions that really fit you
And so I've racked my brain, hoping to explain
All the things that you do to me"
"Bei mir bist du schön, please let me explain
Bei mir bist du schön means you're grand
Bei mir bist du schön, again I'll explain
It means you're the fairest in the land"
"I could say bella, bella, even sehr wunderbar
Each language only helps me tell you how grand you are"

I was too into the song I didn't realize someone coming to the door.

"I've tried to explain, bei mir bist du schön
So kiss me and say you understand"

As the song was doing its instrumental part I put the broom down and started dancing to the beat. Still unaware that someone was watching me.

"Bei mir bist du schön, you've heard it all before
But let me try to explain
Bei mir bist du schön means that you're grand
Bei mir bist du schön, it's such an old refrain
And yet I should explain
It means I am begging for your hand"
"I could say bella, bella, even sehr wunderbar
Each language only helps me tell you how grand you are"

I re grabbed the broomstick and started dancing with it.

"I could say bella, bella, even sehr wunderbar
Each language only helps me tell you how grand you are"
"I've tried to explain, bei mir bist du schön
So kiss me and say that you will understand"

As the last note played out I dropped the broomstick and did jazz hands. I was soon interrupted by applause. Startled I froze and slowly turned around to see that it was Allison in my door way. "Hey Allison! H-How long have you been standing there?" I picked up my broom and started to sweep up again. "ᴏʜ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ sɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏɴɢ." She gave a small smile at her statement. I was embarrassed that she actually heard me. "Ah, well I'm glad you came by. Come on in and have a seat." 

I turned off the radio and set down the broom.
Allison walked in and looked around at the place before taking a seat. "I'm so glad you came! I was starting to think you weren't going to show up!" I guess I was too excited since Allison leaned back on her chair. "ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ɪ ᴡᴀsɴ'ᴛ ᴘʟᴀɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ɪᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ. sᴀɪᴅ ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴅᴏ ᴍᴇ sᴏᴍᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴡᴏʀʀʏɪɴɢ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇᴍ." There were more toons here? "Oh, who's your friend?" Allison turned her head and rubbed her arm. She looked sad. "ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇs ᴛᴏᴍ." Tom? Never heard that name here. I moved my chair more closer too her and put one of my hands on her shoulder. "Is he alright?" Allison's face turned towards me and her eyes were filled with tears? 

I didn't know ink toons could cry human tears. "Allison what's wrong with him?" "ʜᴇ's ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴏғ ɪɴᴋ ᴇᴠᴇʀ sɪɴᴄᴇ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏssᴇᴅ ᴘᴀᴛʜs ᴡɪᴛʜ-" She paused. It seemed like she was trying to debate wether to say what she wanted to say. "Paths with who?" Then it hit me. No it couldn't be true. Bendy wouldn't hurt anybody, right? "You don't mean Bendy do you?" Allison pushed off my hand and stood up. She seemed frustrated now. "ʏᴇs ɪ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ʙᴇɴᴅʏ. ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴏɴ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛᴇʀᴍs? ʜᴇ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɪʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀʀᴛɴᴇʀ. ʜᴇ's ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀ ᴍᴏɴsᴛᴇʀ ʏ/ɴ." Now I was the one who stood up and I too was frustrated. "He's not a monster Allison. At least, not anymore. He's different now I promise. I'm sure he didn't mean it." 

I couldn't know for sure, but Bendy was now better since I came along. "ʜᴇ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ʏ/ɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴛʟᴇ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴋ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ. ᴀ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ ᴡʜᴏ ᴋɪʟʟs ғᴏʀ ғᴜɴ. ᴀ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ ᴡʜᴏ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴʏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴇʟsᴇ's ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢs." I started to cry now. Not that I was sad, but the words she used to describe him were no longer true. "Your wrong! He no longer kills! He no longer tortures anybody! And he surest hell does care about other people's feelings!"
I sat back down and put my head on the table. 

Fighting never did any good. "I'm sorry Allison. I shouldn't be yelling at you. Especially since your going through a tough time." Allison sat back down and put both her hands on her forehead. "ɴᴏ ɪ'ᴍ sᴏʀʀʏ. ɪ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴏғ sᴀɪᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴋ ᴅᴇᴍ- ɪ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ʙᴇɴᴅʏ. ɪ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴏғ ɢᴜᴇssᴇᴅ ʜᴇ ᴡᴀs ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ɴᴏᴡ sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇɴ ʟɪғᴇʟᴇss ʙᴏᴅʏ's ʟᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ." She smiled when she finished her sentence. I returned a smile as well. "Hey Allison, would you mind taking me to see Tom?" Allison seemed surprised at first but then soften her look and nodded. "Great! Then let's get going!" We both got up, Allison leading the way, but we soon stopped when she was faced with none other than Bendy himself.
~~~~~~~~~~
Next Chapter will continue right after this!!