Gone Too Soon

June 25, 1964
I've been waking up with a massive cramp in my stomach lately. This baby was honestly killing me and I don't think Bendy knew that. Nobody knew actually, I mean yes the bags underneath my eyes were darker and my skin was getting a bit pale. I didn't want them to worry to much so I tried to tell them that this is what normally happens when your about to give birth.
Al was with me, watching over me to make sure everything was good while Bendy was off supposedly getting the nursery ready with Tom. She was doing good watching me, but she was staring hard at me. "Hey Al I'm fine I swear, the cramps don't hurt as much anymore." "ʏ/ɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪs ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ. ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ." Honestly there was no point denying it. I needed to tell someone how I was actually feeling. "Al. I'm scared. I really am. This baby is killing me slowly, making me weak with each passing day. When this baby comes into the world, I'm worried what it's gonna do to me. What if I don't make it? What if it kills me?" I was crying at the thought of me not being here in this world with my husband and my child.
"ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴅɪᴇ, ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴀsᴋᴇᴅ ᴀ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ғᴇᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴇ ᴀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴘʀᴇɢɴᴀɴᴄʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ sᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴀʟᴋs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴀ ʜᴀʟғʟɪɴɢ ʙᴀʙʏ. ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀʙʏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴡᴇᴀᴋ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ғᴇᴡ ᴡᴇᴇᴋs ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ʙᴀᴄᴋ. ɴᴏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴏᴇs ɪᴛ sᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴅɪᴇ." I felt Al put her hand on my shoulder while giving me a sweet smile. This was honestly the first time I've ever seen her give a sweet smile. I wiped my tears away, hoping that what she said was true.
Me and Al talked for a few more moments before I got really thirsty for some ink. "Hey Al, would you mind bringing me a cup of ink? There's some stored back at my haven." "sᴜʀᴇ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ɪᴛ, ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴜʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ғɪɴᴇ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ?" "Of course, I know I can manage a few moments by myself." I gestured my hand to show that I was of course going to be alright. "ʜᴍ ᴡᴇʟʟ ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀs sᴏᴏɴ ᴀs ɪ ᴄᴀɴ, ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ." As she spoke her last words she walked through the portal that made it easier to get to the haven.
I know Al wouldn't like it if I moved from my spot so I just decided to stay put. In an instant I got a major cramp that made me start to claw at the table. I was screaming loud enough to where people from the outside could probably hear me. Bendy was by my side looking worried. I couldn't see what he was saying, my eyes were shut from the pain. He picked me up and took me to the bedroom and laid me down. "Bendy HELP ME! PLEASE!" I only saw him nod his head. Al was in the room looking just as panicked as Bendy. "ʏ/ɴ! _____ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴘᴜsʜ ᴡᴇ ___ _____ ᴄᴜᴛ ______ ________ ᴏᴘᴇɴ!" I could barely understand her, but I got a few words. "I don't care just GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME!" Bendy grabbed my hand and held onto it for his life while Al lifted up my shirt and hesitantly pushed down a blade into my stomach. I cried out as she continued to slice my stomach open. My vision got blurry really quick but I knew she was talking to me.
Even though my vision was blurry as shit I saw her grab something in my stomach and pulled it out. "___ ____ ___ ᴏɴᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ _____ ____ _______ ᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ." Bendy had a face of awe, ink running down his face. Al grabbed a second object from out of my stomach. Bendy released his grip from my hand and walked towards Al. There I saw two babies in each of there hand. I did it. I actually did it. I gave birth to two babies. One baby was crying while the other one kept silence. Edgar came out of nowhere and appeared with a needle and some string.
My stomach got sowed back together and I was indeed very weak. Never thought I would of delivered by C section. No one was in the room while Edgar worked his magic.
After a while Bendy, Al, and Tom walked in. Both Al and Tom were holding a baby. My babies. 'How you feeling toots?' I breathed in and let out a long sigh before giving my response. "I'm tired, but enough about me I wanna see my babies!" 'Hold on there love, at least let me tell you their names, the boys name was Matthew, and the girls name is the one we agreed on. Cicero.' I watched him sign their names, but something was off at what he said. "Wait, what do you mean the boys name was?" Tom walked up to me showing me Matthew. I reached out my arms for my boy, hoping it wasn't what I thought it was. As Matthew got placed into my arms I looked at him very hard. Tears ran down my cheeks. "No no this isn't right! No this can't be happening. Please tell me this isn't real." I looked up and everyone had saddens in their eyes. Bendy looked hurt the most, I could see it. 'He wasn't strong enough to make it.' I still held onto my baby, lowering my head.
Matthew was a stillborn baby, and we couldn't do anything about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Boy baby name chosen by @GlitterMeowMLP
Now let me explain something really quick. Originally the plan was to just put one baby in the story, but I wanted to add two. I planned for the girl to live while the boy sadly gets killed off. Hey this book does have a hashtag with tragic love story! The girls name is a weird one but when I heard it I knew that's what I wanted her name to be. Before her name was gonna be Annabeth, but things change.
Don't be upset with this, this book can't be all happy.