Book Thief (Roman x Logan)

TW: Non

AU

--------------------------------------

Roman's P.O.V.

"Psst- Pat...Patton-" I said while trying to wake him up, he was sleeping from boredom but the teacher began walking around the classroom making sure we had all gotten the note. But alas my quiet but courageous attempt to wake my friends had failed, he was woken up the teacher slamming a textbook onto his desk. 

"You will be staying after class with me since you clearly didn't care to pay attention during class." He sighed and rubbed his eyes, as they were still clouded with visions of sugar plum fairies dancing. I looked at him concerned, it seemed like he hadn't gotten any sleep the past night.

"Patton, when was the last time you slept?" I whispered trying not to gain the attention of the teacher nor any other students who had a habit of snitching. He shrugged.

"The night before last-" He yawned, "I had a lot of homework to catch up on." He always had trouble keeping up with the work the professors assign at this university. During Middle and High school, he was consistently at the top of his classes; Becoming many teachers friends and many students guides.

I began to pack up my things knowing our teacher would not allow me to stay, even on her best days, she didn't smile. I had all my things packed up as I soon realized my personal notebook had been missing. I doodled many things in those pages, writing poems for my crush that will never see the light of day. I looked up seeing him walk away with it in his bag, I fainted, Patton caught me. Oddly enough, even at his most tired, he had the quickest reflexes due to his practice with me for many years.

"Pa-pat-...he's go-got it-" He looked at me confused, "my no-note book!" He dropped me.

"You mean Logan just happened to accidentally pick up YOUR notebook." I nodded, rubbing my head from the fall. I got up to run after him but Patton grabbed my sleeve.

"You had that tucked in the secret part of your bag! That was no accident!" He squealed. I realized what he said and nearly fainted again.

"GO GET HIM RO!" He yelled as I ran after him.

"NO RUNNING OR DETENTION!" The teacher yelled and I slowed down trying to follow him. He turned around and I hide trying not to look like a stalker. He continued to walk pulling out a book. I followed him as he walked outside, down the path, and up to his house.

"Are you gonna come out, or are you just gonna keep following me, my little stalker." He smirked putting his book in his bag, I blushed stepping out as courageously as I could.

"I'm not stalking you, exactly, it's just that you accidentally put my notebook in your bag and I was waiting for a good moment to steal it back before you see the doodles of you I did..." It took me a moment to realized what I had said.

"We-well I mean, n-not doodles of you specifically!" He smirked pulling out the book, I would have run up and stolen the book back had my feet wanted to move.

"You mean these drawings." He said as he walked up to me. I gulped.

"Ye-yeah-" I was cut off by a sweet kiss.

"It's okay, I love them. Now if you don't want to get sick I suggest you come over to my house, my parents aren't home and we could read some of your funny poems." I attempted to grab the book, yelling No! but he held the book just out of my reach. I hadn't worn my boots that day making me an inch shorter than usual, just enough for him to do...this! Lovely. I thought.

-------------------------------------------------

Salutations.