Chapter Five

"So, Louis isn't even a real person," Dinah croaked out. "Camila is going to be so pissed-"

"No she won't," I cut Dinah off. "She won't if you just don't tell her, for now."

"But, why are you keeping this up, Laur?" Dinah squinted her eyes at me. "You could've ended right then in that restaurant when she first met you, or Louis, but you kept it going."

Normani placed her hand on top of my shoulder and patted it a few times, "I think you should tell her, Lo. She'll understand, in fact, I think she'd be pretty happy."

"Pretty happy?" Dinah then raised her furrowed eyebrows. "That Louis is actually a girl. Not exactly, I don't think Mila is really into that kind of-"

"I like her, Dinah," I interrupted, before she could finish her painful sentence. "And not as a friend, I mean, yeah she's a great friend, but I like her more than that."

"So," Dinah took a deep breath. "That means Camren is real!"

"I guess so, at least on my half," I sighed. "As you were saying before, Camila isn't really into that stuff."

"Oh yeah totally," Dinah blurted out uneasily. "But it's half-real!"

I shrugged and then looked at Normani, who was giggling at Dinah's reaction.

"That's a good start, Laur," Normani smiled. "Next step is Ally, and then finally Mila!"

"Or Mila, and then Ally," Dinah winked. I found myself laughing at her comment, even though I was positive that I wasn't sharing the news with Camila anytime soon.

It was soon the next day from the night I had told Dinah the truth. She hadn't told Camila anything yet, which was a good sign. The question was: how long could she hold in the secret? I was in the shower of my hotel room when I heard the door open, which made me kind of annoyed because I had explained to Normani I was in the shower, and she wouldn't just barge in like that.

"Mani, I thought I told you-"

"It's Dinah," the door slammed shut. "Keep cleaning yourself, but I have to tell you something."

"Oh god, you told Camz, didn't you?"

"No! I swear, Laur, I didn't," Dinah pleaded not guilty. "It's just, Mila really wants to see Louis. Like, she really wants to. She refuses to go anywhere until she talks to him, she says it's important that she tells him in person before we leave tonight."

"What the fuck could be that important?"

"Where are your Louis clothes," Dinah ignored my comment. "It'll be really quick, then Louis can go off to whatever town he came from."

"Does Vero's house count?"

"Funny. Where are they?" Dinah creaked open the door again. "Mani! Where are the clothes?"

The door closed. I groaned, immediately turning off the shower and grabbing onto a towel. I didn't even bother to put one on my hair as I exited the bathroom quickly, turning into the hotel room. Normani and Dinah stood next to each other, smiling as they nodded towards my bed. The familiar striped sweatshirt was folded neatly on the covers, making me sigh loudly.

"You really need some new clothes, though," Dinah suggested. "These are starting to hurt my eyes."

"No, because this will be the last time of Louis' presence," Normani nodded. "Lauren, you're going to tell Camila that you are leaving, or that Louis is. That you're moving to Brazil, and that you'd like to stay friends. Got it?"