Chapter Seven

I patiently waited for Camila to respond, but after ten long minutes, I gave up. Almost immediately I shoved my phone under my pillow, Normani entered the room, juggling her phone in her hands. 

"What the hell did you say to her, Laur?" She furrowed her eyebrows and tossed her cell onto her covers. 

"Why does it matter? That stuff is between Camila and I."

"She stared at whatever you sent her for such a long time, and then just deleted the conversation and literally escorted me out of her room," Normani scratched her head as she plopped down at the edge of her own bed. "So, what did you say to her?"

"I don't know, Mani," I sighed deeply. "Honestly, I don't remember because of how long it was-"

"Long?"

"I basically poured everything I could out from my heart."

"Wait, you still have the messages, right?" Normani's face lightened up. "Show me!"

My hand dug under my pillow and fished out my phone. I slowly clicked on the iMessage application, and stared at the rectangular box with Normani's contact name inside it. After a hurried moment of thought, I deleted the conversation, and looked at Normani.

"They aren't here. Must have been erased in the midst of the moment."

"Damn," Normani shrugged and stood back up. "I'm going to take a bath, so you better go do your Jauregui business or whatever you do in there before."

I shake my head with a few added giggles, "I'm all good."

"Fabulous!" Normani squealed. "I haven't taken a bath in this tub yet, and it's so cool, and big."

I nod at her as she hurries into the bathroom; the rush of water notifies me she's about to hop on in. I'm about to relax myself back down into my book when there is a knock at the door, sending me upright and placing my mouth to the crack.

"Who is it?"

"It's me, Camila," a soft tone replies in a whisper. "Can we talk? Is Normani in there?"

I swing open the door to face a run-down Camila. She's wearing grey baggy sweats and a short, yet loose, blue top that's like a sweater. On top of her wavy hair is a hat, which is adjusted to be backwards. Her face is bland with no make-up, but she still looks a model. I can't help myself but smile a bit, and then realize I was actually suppose to be mad at her. So, I crossed my arms across my chest and cleared my throat loudly.

"Normani is taking a bath."

"A bath?" Camila questioned. 

"She wanted to try out the tub," I shrugged. "Hey, if you have a problem with that-"

"No, I don't," she quickly cut me off, and then began to bite the side of her cheek and blink her eyelids up and down. "Can we talk?"

"Talk."

"Somewhere private," she adds. 

"It's almost midnight," I point out. "Anywhere is basically private."

"God damnit, Lauren," she growled. "Please, just come outside with me?"

I'm honestly a little taken back by her reply, but then find myself exiting the hotel room and walking down the empty hallway with her. She walks in front of me without looking back; as if she expects me to follow her lead. We make our way down the elevator and outside, into a private area where a back parking lot was, along with a few benches. Camila sits down on one, and I hesitantly sit down besides her, but move to the other end.