Chapter Fifteen

"'Lauren Jauregui; crazed drug addict who put the moves of fist fighting on pop star Austin Mahone! Hear all in exclusive interview with Mahone. Including unknown information about recent relationship with Camila Cabello!'" Dinah read aloud, frequently looking up and down from the magazine in her hand to my eyes as we were positioned on opposing couches in the front lounging area on the tour bus. "Why the fuck are you laughing, Lauren? This is serious!"

"Please, everyone knows I'm not a drug addict," I chuckled. "But, on the other hand, I may be crazed."

"I agree with Dinah on this, Laur," Ally sighed as she plopped down beside Dinah. "This may seem like something on you, but it could effect all of us."

"Yeah. Why don't you care so much about it?" Normani popped in, making me twist my head to face her. Camila stood awkwardly beside her and fiddled with her fingers in an obvious attempt to avoid eye contact with me. "It's a pretty big deal."

"I have bigger things that are more important on my mind at the moment," I glanced at Camila who looked up just in time to connect eyesight with me. She blushed sightly, and immediatly looked down with embarrassment. I furrowed my eyebrows, then looked back over to Dinah and Ally. "How about this. Our next interview, I'll clear everything up. Tell the truth, that Austin was in a mad state coming to search for Camila, who obviously was in a sick state."

"It was a simple act of protection, and friendship," Camila rasped. All eyes fidgeted to her as she finally had her hands down at her sides. "Right?"

"Correct," I nodded in agreement.

"Good, now that we got that covered, a more important topic comes into play," Dinah cleared her throat before grinning widely. "What movie is good to watch on a Friday afternoon?"

"You guys can decide," Camila coughed unintentionally as she rubbed her chest. "I'm not feeling so great. I think I'm going to go nap."

"See ya' Mila," Dinah waved her off before turning towards Normani and I. "I know you're totally up for it, Allyson. How about you two?"

"Depends on the movie, but for now sure, why not?" Normani smiled and then nudged my shoulder lightly. "How about it, Laur? We can make popcorn!"

"I think I'm going to go finish my book, I still have a few hundred pages left," I smiled weakly. "But thanks for the offer."

"Sometimes I think she forgets that we're living in the 21st century," Dinah mumbled just loud enough for everyone to hear.

As Normani and Ally broke into joyful laughter, I smirked and rolled my eyes in her direction. I exited the front room before making my way to the back, passing the different bunks that were all messy from the past naps or deep sleeps. When I walked by Camila's, my eyebrow arched at the realization she was missing from it. I rushed into the back lounge, eagerness taking over me to find her. I let out a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding once I discovered her nestled into the corner of the long couch with 'To Kill A Mockingbird' squeezed between her arms and chest. Her eyelids were shut tightly and her chest rose and fell at a regular pace, but her grip on the book never changed. I smiled, and then found myself settling down beside her.

I carefully took handle on her shoulders, adjusting her body slightly before laying her across my legs. I untangled the story from her caressing hold, cautious about waking her. The smile still plastered across my face leveled up as she shuffled around and wrapped her arms around my torso, as if I was a stuffed animal she needed to sleep with. 

"Goodnight, Camz," I whispered before kissing her forehead gently, and then lifting my book up to my marked page. I recognized there was another mark as well, though it was much earlier in the novel. Ignoring it, I began to attempt the act of reading the story.