Chapter Nine

It was about four in the morning when I had awoke again. Dinah's earthshaking snores hadn't effected me throughout the night, until now. When I lifted myself up from my bed sheets and looked at the bed beside me, Dinah was sprawled out across the right side of the flipped covers; and so was Camila.

On the opposing side of the bed, Camila was tucked securely under the cover, unlike the messy Dinah. I smiled to myself as her eyelids fluttered with every breath she took, along with her rhythmic chest that rose and fell into a beat. Camila obviously couldn't stand the thought of being separated from Dinah, and that deep feeling just lead to her being leashed along like a lost puppy. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind seeing her limp body sleep so soundly and peacefully, but it was tragic that Camila couldn't sleep on her own. She had her whole life before Fifth Harmony, so why so difficult now?

I needed to speak to someone. Express what had occurred just a few hours before. It was quite obvious that Camila was playing with me; making me all confused and lost inside. I just needed to seek help, guidance. Dinah was alright to talk with, but she was so close with Camila, and that wouldn't cut it. Ally is sweet when it comes to issues, and was always there for you, though she was too much of a mom; it'd seem awkward. That left Normani, who wasn't exactly in my playing field at the moment. Also, I wouldn't dare to talk to Camila about it. Our friendship was in an odd, but subtle place at the moment, and I wasn't going to take any risky chances. 

"What are you thinking about?"

My eyes immediately widened in surprise as the fell upon Camila who was resting on her propped elbows, the brunette waves of her hair all tangled in a mess.

"What?"

"You're zoned out," she continued. "So you're thinking."

"I'm not thinking. I'm just tired," I replied more harsh then I expected.

"Then go back to bed," she shrugged, ignoring my tone.

"I would if I could, Camila," I growled. "What are you even doing here? Don't you have your own room to sleep in?"

"What the fuck is wrong, Lauren? We were getting along perfectly, and now you're acting like a complete bitch!" Camila rose her voice, but careful to keep it at a minimum and not wake the dozed Dinah. 

"Getting along? You know what, I was thinking," I spat out as I got up from my bed. "What game are you playing here, Camila? Huh? Because I don't want to play along. If you want to know if you're a good kisser, go kiss some guy and ask how he feels, don't kiss me. For all I care, go be a fucking slut. You could even have sex with them and ask if you were good at it!"

Camila opened her mouth to respond, but quickly shut it, shaking her head.

"Go ahead, say whatever you need to say," I hiss at her, wrapping my hand around the door knob. "But say it to Dinah, because she's obviously the only person you talk to in your life."

In that moment, I pushed myself out of the room and tightly shut the door behind me. Taking in a deep breath and recollecting myself before walking away from my room and to rouse about the hotel premise. I had managed to make my way out to a small separate area that was a donation towards the hotel. Approaching the stone walkway that had many benches, a shadowed figure blurred into my eyes.

"Mani?"

The head flicks to look at me, the person's eyes puffed up from past tears. She stands, taking slow steps towards me.

"Hey, Laur."

"What the hell are you doing out here?" I blurt out questionably, realizing the words were ironic once they left my lips.