Chapter 3

Ryan's POV

I awoke the next morning and automatically reached for Mikaela, as we had done sometime between last night and early this morning, over and over.

The most amazing sex I'd ever had. We could not get enough of each other.

She was not there.

I walked to the bathroom to see if she was there. Nothing.

Maybe she stepped out for coffee or breakfast.

In the meantime, I would take advantage of the shower. My muscles were aching, she had given me quite the workout. I smiled to myself.

Damn she was incredible. So responsive. So sexy.

The hot water felt good and I could feel the fatigue and soreness leave my body.

I stepped out of the shower and was drying off when I heard Mikaela's voice "All better now baby girl? Are you ready for some breakfast?"

Who was she talking to? It sounded like she was speaking to a child. 

I opened the door a crack and peeked out. She was holding a tiny, fluffy black and gray puppy, talking softly to it.

I then vaguely remembered seeing a dog kennel last night.

I wrapped the towel around my waist and walked into the room. "Good morning."I said.

She smiled at me, looking me up and down. She was wearing a pair of running shorts, T-shirt and Nike's. She had her hair pulled back in a ponytail. No makeup. Damn she was beautiful.

I also noticed she had two cups of coffee. "Did you go for a run?" I asked.

She threw her head back and laughed. "Hell no. If I'm running, that must mean someone is chasing me. I'm also allergic to exercise. This is Liberty, or just Libby for short. She needed a walk and I needed coffee."

She handed one of the cups to me. I reached over to let the puppy sniff my hand. "Does she bite?" I asked cautiously

"No" Mikaela laughed. "She's an obsessive licker."

As if on cue, the puppy began to lick my hand. I scratched her behind her ears. She was cute. She looked like Dale Jr and Amy's dog, just smaller and a different color.

I took a sip of my coffee. It was hot and strong. Just what I needed.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

Starving." She replied "I was going to pick up something while I was out, but I didn't know what you liked."

I nodded "Give me a couple minutes to get dressed, and we'll go grab breakfast, if you like. I...uh... this is a weird question, but I don't suppose you would happen to have an extra toothbrush by chance?" I asked.

She laughed. "I have like ten extra toothbrushes. I'm kinda weird that way, but I always bring extras when I'm traveling, especially staying in hotels. First drawer in the bathroom, help yourself."

Sure enough, there was a value pack of brand new toothbrushes. Could this woman be any more perfect?

************

We walked out to the parking garage where I had left my truck the night before. "Where to?" I asked before starting the engine.

"What's good around here that has a decent iced coffee? The coffee I got this morning just didn't do it for me." She asked.

I racked my brain trying to think of a good spot for breakfast. Since I only drank hot coffee, I wasn't really sure. "Uh...there's Bojangles and Biscuitville. Not sure if they have iced coffee though. There's a Chick fil a." I replied.