Chapter 14

Mikaela's POV

I woke up the next morning to Ryan standing over me giving me a soft kiss.

"I didn't want to wake you, but I wanted to let you know I have to go into the shop for a meeting."

I grabbed the neckline of his shirt and pulled him to me for a longer kiss. He finally pulled back a gave me that heart melting smile

"You kiss me like that, and I'll never get out of here."

"Mmmm. Promise?" I teased.

God he looked so good.

"I wish, but I really have to leave. Go back to sleep if you want. Make yourself at home. I'll be back in a couple of hours." He said, then gave me another kiss.

I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. I felt...invigorated.

I got up and pulled on a pair of gym shorts and one of Ryan's shirts.

I walked downstairs and let Libby out.

I wasn't sure exactly what happened with Ryan and me, but something had changed between us.

Last night, we made love for the first time. There was a big difference between that and the previous times we were together. Something deeper, more intimate.

I grabbed the neck of the shirt I was wearing and inhaled his scent. I wasn't exactly sure what this meant, but I couldn't stop smiling.

I felt like writing. I had an idea that had been floating around in my head since Ryan and I met. Now, it was finally falling into place and coming together rather quickly.

***********

Ryan's POV

I arrived home after my meeting and picking up lunch to find Mikaela singing and dancing in my kitchen.

She had obviously been cleaning, since everything was spotless. She didn't hear me come in because of the earbuds in her ears, and I loved watching that sweet ass bouncing around while she sang.

Alright, you hit me like fire, shot me like a bullet.
Burned me up and down, no way to cool it.
Every time you kiss me it's like sunshine and whiskey.
It's like a bottle of Jack straight to the head.
One shot, two shot, copper tone red.
Every time you kiss me it's like sunshine and whiskey.

She looked like she was in a very good mood.

Setting the bags of food and drinks down, I snuck up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist and began nuzzling her neck.

She turned around, bright smile lighting up her face as she kissed me.

"How was your meeting?" She yelled.

I laughed and pulled the earbuds out of her ears.

"Too way too long. Kept me away from you."

She wrapped her arms around my neck, her fingers in my hair as she pulled me to her for a long, deep, scorching kiss, her scantily clad body pressed against mine.

God I loved kissing her. This sure was nice to come home to.

When she broke away from the kiss, I remembered I had brought food.

"Hungry?" I asked, handing her a Chick-Fil-A bag.

Her eyes lit up. "Starving." She smirked, as she began diving into the food.

I looked around the house, she had been very busy indeed. The house hadn't been messy, but it really needed a good, deep cleaning.

The counter tops gleamed, even the stove burners. The floor had been mopped, the table and even the faucets were shining.