Chapter 20

Mikaela's POV

We were watching a movie on the couch in the motor home, when I got an alert on my phone.

"Ooh. Can you turn the TV down a bit. Cody's going live"

Ryan muted the TV and looked at the screen on my phone.

"Do you have any requests?" I asked Ryan.

"Ask him if he knows 'My Girl' by Dylan Scott"

I typed in my request. Cody smiled when he read it.

"You know I love to support other Louisiana musicians. Anything for you Kaeli"

Yeah that's my girl
In the passenger seat, windows down dancing around
Causin' a scene, that's my girl
Sippin' crown and sprite, in a ball cap turned back
Ooh she got me like
Yeah baby girl you gone and done it again
Makin' all the guys wish you were with them
But I bet they don't see what I see when I see my girl

Cody finished the song, and I typed in a message "Call me later."

A few minutes later, Cody signed off, then my phone rang.

"What's up ?" He asked cheerfully.

"Remember Ryan who I told you about a few months ago? We are back together."

"That's great. Are you still in North Carolina?" He asked.

"No. Atlanta." I replied.

"What are you doing in Atlanta?"

"We're here for the NASCAR race." I replied.

"So you are into NASCAR now? This Ryan got you into that?"

"You could say that." I giggled.

Cody chuckled. "Give it up Kaeli. I know he's a NASCAR driver."

"How did you know?"

"It's not rocket science. I simply went to google and typed in Mikaela Hunter and Ryan. It pulled up a bunch of pictures of you and Ryan Blaney, so I guess it's safe to assume that Ryanb on Facebook is Ryan Blaney, NASCAR driver. I saw your video, which was pretty hot by the way, and the promos of y'all, but I didn't know who the guy was."

I was a little angry now if I'm being honest. "I can't believe you are googling me and digging up stuff on me. You could have just waited for me to tell you everything instead of cyber stalking me. Have you run a full background check on him too?"

"Kaeli, calm down. It's not as bad as you think. I'm just looking out for you. Remember the last guy you got involved with, what a loser he turned out to be? To answer your question, no, I have not run a background check on Ryan. Everything I read about him, he seems to be a stand up guy. Do I need to run a check?"

"No you don't. He really is a good guy. A great guy. Sorry I snapped at you. I know you are just looking out for me. Ryan is nothing like Eric.

"Okay. I'll take your word for it. Just let me know if I need to check him out. I got some big news though. I'm proposing to Brittany."

"When?" I squealed excitedly.

"Soon. I'm planning something special."

"Ha! I told you when I met her that you needed to put a ring on it."

"Yes you did. I really hope things work out for you and Ryan. The fact that y'all broke up and found each other again, maybe he is the one."

"I hope so too. I need to go. Let me know when you pop the question."