Chapter 40

Ryan's POV

I woke up and showered and dressed to drive over to the Penske shop for a meeting. I felt pretty good today. I thought I would be sore, but Mikaela had really worked some magic on my neck last night.

She was still asleep. I kissed her forehead lightly and she woke up.

"I'm headed to the shop. I'll be back in a couple of hours."

"Okay." She yawned, and fell back asleep.

I was about to let the dogs out, when Cody came out.

"I have to go to the shop for a couple of hours. Mikaela is still asleep, so just make yourself at home."

He nodded. "Thanks for having us man. It was an awesome experience." He said.

I laughed. "I'm glad you enjoyed it because y'all are going to have to come to more races. Especially 'Dega and when we go back to Daytona. I heard y'all kept Mikaela calm." I said.

He laughed. "She did great. We just held her hand a couple of times, but we'll definitely take you up on that offer. We both really enjoyed it. Wish it would have ended better for you though." He said.

The dogs were done outside, so they came back in the house and I closed the door.

"Thanks man. I have to go, so I'll see y'all later."

**************

The meeting went fine. I picked up Chick fil a for everyone and headed back to the house.

I heard laughter from the living room. Mikaela, Brittany and Cody were watching my podcast, Glass Case of Emotion on tv.

"I'm back, and I brought food." I said, holding up the Chick fil a bags.

Mikaela kissed me and took the bags from me and brought them to the table.

She was about to pop a nugget in her mouth, then she stopped. "Good thing the dress shop called and said they won't have the dress I want to see until tomorrow." She laughed and attacked her food.

"Are y'all gonna be able to stay in town another day?" I asked Cody.

I know Mikaela wanted Brittany to get fitted for her dress before they went back home.

"Yeah man. We fly home Wednesday morning, if y'all aren't too tired of us yet." Cody laughed.

I had an idea.

"Cody, would you like to be a guest on my podcast tomorrow? Give you something to do while they are doing girl stuff."

"Are you serious? I would love to. That's some funny shit y'all talk about. I mean literally. I won't have to talk about shit will I?" He asked.

I laughed. "No man. We can talk about whatever." I said.

"Y'all better not talk about me." Mikaela said, her mouth full of food.

"We can talk about how much Kaeli eats". Cody said laughing.

"So you'll do it?" I asked.

"Sure. Sounds like fun."

"Awesome. I have to call Kim and Chuck and let them know."

******

"It's all set. You can even play a few songs if you want." I said a few minutes later.

Kim and Chuck were thrilled to have a guest. Even on such short notice.

We were used to winging it anyway.