XVIII

And today, may just be the last day I call Alex my 'boyfriend'.

" Y O U  A I N' T 
M Y 
B O Y F R I E N D"

I was devastated; to say that is actually an understatement. I was currently in front of Alexander, in one of the corners of the garden, with unstoppable tears streaming down my face. And I couldn't stop them as they continued to flow like a river with a broken dam.

Let me rewind for you.

I woke up with a unsure smile.

Today I would confront Alexander and finally find out what was happening. And I hope to find something good. I would finally be out of the shadow and understand what was going on in Alex's perfect little handsome head. I had woke up extra early, put some light makeup on and put on his favourite perfume. I chose a cute outfit that I thought was worthy of a small picnic date and prayed that people didn't find what I wore a dressed to impress look or if anyone would say I overdressed. I might just kill that somebody. I walked to Charlottes dorm room with longer strides hoping to get there faster and earlier but had ended up arriving at the same time as usual - ten past seven.

Alright, you caught me. By waking up early, I meant waking up ten minutes earlier than usual and by taking longer strides I meant using my arms a little more than usual. That added together probably earned me 15 minutes, but that was probably used by trying on different outfits to get the perfect one this morning. I knocked thrice on her dorm, humming a familiar lullaby my mother had sang to me when I was a child and waited for Char to open up. My white heels tapping on the floor and my hands fidgeted with the edge of my light pink sundress anxiously.

The door opened.

Now not that I'm complaining, but Charlottes room wasn't exactly what I would want for mine. Obviously. Since it's been a few months already since the start of school, we all had the money and heart to take it as our mission to redecorate our rooms to our satisfaction. Mine ended up being a mixture of pastel pink, gold and white. Which, is what I call the perfect mix; it showed innocence, class and well me. Pastel pink was my Color; anybody, everybody knew that.

I'm a little off topic. Charlottes room. Right. Hers was red. Dark red. I mean I knew her Color was dark red like how mine was pastel pink but it was so dark! With the occasional sprinkle of other colours here and there, her wallpapers were red and her bed was red.

"Were you even listening?"

Huh?

I nodded
"Yea."

A light chuckle reverberated through the room
"I know you weren't so I'll say it again. My parents are here for the week, so I'll be having dinner with them, I was wondering if you would like to join?"