XX

"If I win; I get to take you on a date."

" T O  B E  O P E N  A N D  T H E NF I N D  O U T  Y O U R  L O V EI S N' T  R E A L"

" T O B E O P E N A N D T H E N
F I N D O U T Y O U R
L O V E
I S N' T R E A L"

Last night at the carnival was really fun. James, Julia and Charlotte joined us pretty soon and told us that they could see where we are on the Ferris wheel so when the ride was over, they came over. Ryder kinda asking me out surprised me, and I wasn't sure if he had just said it to cheer me up or he really meant it. Either way, i couldn't. At least not any time soon. Plus it wouldn't be fair for Ryder. Turns out, James didn't ask Julia out on the Ferris wheel and personally, I blame that on Char as she probably wouldn't shut up and ruined the romantic mood.

But no worries they have a month.p

School went back to normal and we all continued on with our lives. With an occasional encounter Alexander and his friends. Glares and glances were thrown around every time we passed each other. And I get it. No school can have two leading groups and expect peace between the two. Alex siding with Rain had brought many people to suspect what I had done and many people moved sides. Now, it was a fifty fifty. Everything inside me loathes Rain. She is a backstabbing bitch, and everything inside me wants to hate Alexander.

Anyways back to the present.

It is a week before Christmas and all of us were thrilled. The school buzzed with people as they prepared the food, decoration and made sure all the events were planned perfectly. With a week to go, the school was already beautiful. There was a huge Christmas tree that stood proudly in the middle. Different colours of different ornaments hung on the green Christmas tree with a beautiful star on top. Obviously the star wasn't shining yet but beautiful nonetheless.

"Hey, so I was thinking"

I turned to face the owner of the voice. Charlotte stood next to me with two mugs of hot chocolate, filled- no- stuffed with marshmallows.

I chuckled as she handed me one

"Did you put a whole bag in?"

"Guilty." She laughed "but. I am not here to talk about how many marshmallows I put in."

I waved my hand signaling her to continue as I sipped on the hot chocolate. The hot sweet bitter taste of the drink made me sigh in content.

"How bout, we, as in you, me, Julia, Ryder and James, on the night of Christmas Eve, do a bonfire? like huddle up in blankets around a little fire and sing and talk? That would be awesome wouldn't it?"

I smiled.

"That would be awesome Char. You always have the best ideas!"

"I know I know."

I scoffed

"But definitely not modest!"

She shrugged and pulled me along with her through the hallways.

"It's the weekend! Christmas shopping! Obviously!"

My mouth formed an O

"Ugh come on Rosie! Where's your Christmas spirit? Don't ruin this for me, Christmas is my favourite time of the year. And before you say anything, I will make it yours too. Oh you'll have so much fun!"

She raised a finger and faked a serious look

"And don't you go around moping after that Alex boy. He's a dick. He's not worth it. Now, your Roselette Anderson, who needs a boy? Am I Right?"

I faked a look of determination and nodded

"I will make you proud."

We stood there just looking at each other before we bursted out laughing.

Monday came by and I found myself heading to English class. The class I shared with Alexander. I was one of the first ones there so I sat down in my usual seat. If anyone's moving, it's him.

Ten minutes into the class, I thought he wasn't coming, however the door slammed open. Well I guess he was going for the fashionably late vibe. He walked towards the seats and the students in the back stood expecting him to take their seats since we were no longer on speaking terms. However, he swung his bag onto the desk next to mine and sat down. The class was a nightmare. I could feel his gaze on me through the whole class.

The bell finally rang and I stood immediately, wanting to get out as soon as possible. But before I could run out he grabbed my wrist and spun me around so I was facing him.

"We need to talk."

I glared harshly at him and spat out no but his grip on my wrist tightened.

"Stop being so childish. We need to talk. Now."

He led me through the hallways until we were somewhere alone.

"What's going on between you and Ryder?"

My jaw dropped. This was what he wanted to talk about?

"No. No." I lifted my gaze so i was looking directly into his eyes "you do not get to ask these questions, you have no right to demand to talk to me and definitely no right to know what's going on in my love life. You chose your side and you got to stick with it."

"So Ryder is in your love life?" He shook his head, running his hands through his messy brown hair and looked away. "You just move on like that? It hasn't even been a month since we..." his voice broke slightly before he covered it up with a cough.

"To think I actually loved you, Rain was right; you were just playing me. Honestly Roselette, good luck with Ryder, you two deserve each other."

"Fuck you Alexander. Go to hell." I pointed my middle finger before stomping away.

Me and Ryder deserve each other? Fine. If that's what you want, I'll give it to you.

Now, where do I find Ryder?

Sorry for such a slow update. Hope you enjoy this.

♥️remember to vote, share and comment♥️