Chapter 1

Toni's pov

I hear the alarm go off and bury my face in the pillow. "Toni get up now you're gonna be late on your first day!" my mom yells from downstairs. She's right but I fell asleep at 4am because I was anxious for today and now I'm exhausted. All I wanna do is go back to sleep but I guess I have no choice.
I turn the alarm off and check my phone. Oh fuck it's already 7:35, I won't even have time to eat breakfast! I grunt and go take a quick shower. After showering, I get dressed and do my makeup and I go downstairs.

"Toni it's 7:50, what are you doing still here?!"
"Oh my god mom you're making me even more anxious than I already am!"
"You won't be able to walk there, you'll be late. I'll give you a ride, let's go, quick!"
I run outside and we get in the car.

"Go, you're just on time, it's 8 o'clock."
"Yeah.." I hesitate.
"Don't worry honey you'll be fine. See you later"
"Okay mom, love you" I give her a quick kiss and get out of the car.

I walk inside the school and feel my anxiety taking over as my heart starts pounding faster and faster against my chest. I see the bathroom and decide to go inside just to calm myself down a bit. I may seem exaggerated but I suffer from anxiety and I've suffered from panic attacks in the past, I haven't had one for almost a year but I'm scared it's happening again. I feel my throat get try and tight and it gets hard to breathe.
I crouch down in the corner with my knees up to my chest and start crying hiding my face between them.
I hate this. I'll stay here in this position until I feel better, it's not like I'd be able to stand up and walk to class anyway.

*bell rings*
Oh my god, I can't believe it's already been an hour! I'm scared I'll get in trouble for skipping my first class on my first day in this new school, but I couldn't do it earlier. Now I feel a little better even though I'm shaking and my makeup is totally ruined. I slowly get up and look at myself in the mirror. Fuck. Yeah, fuck. You can totally tell I've been crying but I don't have time to fix this mess properly otherwise I'll skip my second class too.
I get my backpack and books and quickly turn around to run to class.

Before I can even blink, I feel something hit against my body and I realize I just bumped into someone, and I hit them pretty hard. Amazing.
I kneel to grab the books I dropped and I stand up again.
"S-sorry..I-I didn't see you.."
I look up at the girl in front of me and quickly look away. She's so gorgeous I can't look at her in the eyes. She's a few inches taller than me and she looks so intimidating.
"Excuse me?!"
She says starting to walk slowly towards me getting closer and closer, as if we were not already close enough. I start backing away glancing every once in a while at her eyes and then looking back down. My heartbeat starts speeding up again, just when it was beginning to go back to normal.
"Fucking dumbass" I think to myself for not looking where I was going when I bumped into this girl. She suddenly stops moving so I look at her just to see a furious expression written all over her face. I swear it's so scary. She suddenly grabs my collar and slams me against the bathroom wall right behind me. I cough as my eyes start watering.
"Are you trying to get killed or something?!" She yells so loudly it hurts my ears. Fuck, now I realize I had said it out loud and she thought I was insulting her when I was actually calling myself a fucking dumbass.
"N-no no I-I s-swea" "FUCKING SPEAK CLEARLY!" I feel her grip on my collar tighten.
I swallow and try again.
"I-I... I was saying that t-to myself..."
She clenches her jaw and I bet she thinks that's just an excuse, but it was the truth.
She gets so close to me I can feel her breath on my face and she starts speaking in a calm and deep, scary voice.
"Are you new here?" I nod.
"And do you even know who I am?" I stare at her trying not to cry for a few seconds and then I shake my head a little. She smirks in an evil way.
"I am the HBIC. Do you know what that means my sweet little newbie?" I shake my head.
"USE YOUR WORDS!" She yells and I flinch visibly.
"S-sorry...no I don't"
"Head bitch in charge. I am the HBIC here. I'm the boss. And you absolutely can't be that disrespectful towards me, Cheryl Blossom. Cheryl Bombshell Blossom I'd say."
Then she kneels a little just to reach my height and make me look her straight in the eye and lowers her voice.
"Unless you want to get in trouble. And you don't want that, right slut?" She slaps my cheek, not too hard but it still hurt. I shake my head rapidly and I feel a tear roll down my cheek.
"Aww.. don't cry." she wipes it away with her thumb. "I haven't even started yet.. you chose the wrong person to mess with."
She grins.

She lets go of me and I run out of the bathroom and straight to class. Why is it always like this? I mean, this time it's even worse. She's way scarier than every other person who bullied me.

I get to spanish class and take a seat in the back, trying to hide my bruised and mascara smudged face as much as possible.

During the lesson all I can think about it's what happened in the bathroom.
And all I know is that from now on I want to stay as far as possible from Cheryl Blossom and I'll do anything possible to avoid any kind of interaction with her.