Chapter 2

Toni's pov

The bell rings and it's time for lunch. I haven't made friends with anyone because I was too busy in my head so I'll have to eat on my own, great.
I walk to the cafeteria quickly and get in the queue to get some food.

"You should get the mac and cheese by the way. Oh and never get the pudding. It's disgusting".
I turn around and see the guy behind me with a big smile on his face. I look at him not really knowing what to do or say.
"Hi, I'm Jughead, Jughead Jones. I suppose you're new here, I've never seen you around and I always notice everything. I'm sure I would've noticed you. What's your name?"
He offers me his hand to shake and I do the same.
"Uhm.. I'm Toni... Toni Topaz. Yeah I'm new, I just moved here and today's my first day."
"Knew it! And what do you think about it?"
"Eh.. it's not going great but I guess I just need to get used to this"
"I could show you around if you want. You can stay with me and my friends, eating alone on your first day is not a great start. Above all if you don't want to be targeted by bullies. Always watch out for them here". I sigh.
"Trust me, I know what you're talking about". I chuckle a little and he smiles. He's very cute.

I get some mac and cheese, water and a cookie and follow Jughead to his table.
We sit down and he introduces me to his friends.
"Guys this is Toni, she's new so I thought we could make friends with her to help her feel more at ease".
They all smile at me and a brunette starts talking.
"Hi Toni, I'm Veronica. Of course we can be friends! This school can be hell if you're going through it on your own."
I chuckle nervously.
"Very reassuring" I say and they all laugh.
"I'm Archie, Veronica's boyfriend." A guy with red hair says and smiles at me.
"I'm Betty" A blonde girl says right after Archie.
"I am Reggie and this is Kevin" another guy says pointing at the guy beside him.
Kevin waves at me smiling.

"Okay so what's your next class?" Veronica asks.
"Uh it's english I think" I say.
"Same as me!" Jughead says excited.
"Yay!" I say and giggle.
I look at the rest of them and see they're looking at us smirking.
"You guys are cute!" Kevin says with a small pout.
I feel my cheeks flush a little and look at Jughead, who's flushing as well.
Does this guy like me already? What the hell is going on?

I'm definitely not looking for a boyfriend here. I mean, I am bisexual but I don't think I'd ever be in a relationship with a boy. I 100% prefer girls.
I don't know, I just can't connect on an emotional level with boys.

I finish my mac and cheese quickly and start nibbling my cookie.
"Oh my god I love cookies so much" I say while closing my eyes and feeling like I'm flying to heaven. Yeah I'm extra as usual but I just love sweets so much.
"You can get mine too. I'm full" Jughead says with a smile and hands me his cookie.
I try to contain my joy but fail miserably.
"REALLY?! THANK YOUUUU" I squeak and hug him tight. He chuckles and kisses my cheek.
"Sorry.." I say as I realize that I've known him for about..only 10 minutes.

I check my phone and see that lunch time's gonna be over in 20 minutes. I don't wanna be late for class and plus this is becoming awkward so I decide i'd better leave.
"Sorry guys, I have to go now.. see you later?"
"Wait what? it's still early you don't need that much time to walk to class" Reggie looks at me confused.
"I know it's just...I don't know, I'm not hungry anymore and..."
"Wanna go for a walk around school?" Jughead cuts me off.
That sounds good actually. He could show me this place.
"Yeah sure" I smile. "See you later guys?" I say to everyone as I stand up.
"Of course Toni!" Veronica says.

Jughead and I get out of the cafeteria and just walk through the hallways chatting about random stuff.
We stop in front of a classroom and he talks.
"This is where our next class will be. English class."
"Oh, we can just wait here then. It's almost time anyway" I lean against the lockers behind me to rest a bit and he approaches me resting his hand on the locker beside my head.
Okay, no.
He's really sweet but this is going way to fast.
I don't wanna be rude or anything so I just stay in that position hoping he won't try to kiss me.

He keeps telling me jokes and making me chuckle so much my cheeks hurt.
I hear the distant sound of clicking heels and I look around the hallway. Isee a red haired girl walking fast in our direction.
Oh no. It's Cheryl.
"..Toni?"
"..huh?"
"Are you listening to me?"
I look at him confused and then back at the girl who is just a few feet away. She is lookin at her phone so she hasn't seen me yet luckily. I can still save my butt.

I grab my stuff and start walking away but Jughead grabs my wrist.
"Wait where are you going? Class is about to start"
"Uh-I... Sorry I-I need to go...to the bathroom-be right back" I say quickly and rush to the bathroom.
I lock myself in a stall and just wait for a couple of minutes. I have 4 minutes before class starts. After a few seconds I hear the same sound of clicking heels as earlier.
Fuck. This can't be real.

"Here kitty kitty" she chuckles. "Come out Toni, I know you're hiding from me".
What the fuck does she want now?!
"Last warning you slut. Come here now."
I take a deep breath and slowly unlock the door.
"C-Cheryl..." I say.
"I see you've made friends with the weird beanie guy" she starts approaching me slowly and I start backing away just as slowly.
"Y-yeah..." I whisper and she smiles.
I hit the wall behind me and realize I'm trapped.
She's so close to me now her body's towering over me.
"W-why... why are you doing this to me? I'm sorry for bumping into you this morning...please d-don't hurt me.." I start shaking a little and she crouches town at my level.
She grabs my chin gently and makes me look at her.
"Because I can" she smirks.
My eyes widen and a shiver runs down my spine.

Her eyes are staring deeply into mine and I take a moment to watch her features closely.
Then my gaze shifts back into her eyes and I think I get lost for a few seconds.
She's gorgeous. She's just as gorgeous as mean.

"Like what you see babygirl?" she says and I realize I've been staring for too long.
I quickly look away and feel my cheeks heat up.
She gently kisses my cheek and lets go of my chin.
I take this as a hint that I can go and I try to shift to the side but she quickly blocks me putting her arm beside me on the wall.
I look up at her and frown a little.

She wraps her other hand gently around my neck and I start shaking again.
I suck in a breath.
"One more thing...I don't ever want to see you around with that fucking pervert again. Understand?" She growls in a low and calm tone.
I want to know why but decide it's better not to ask. I don't wanna make her mad and I'm sure I'm already late enough for class so I just nod.
I feel her grip on my throat tighten.
"Use your words."
"Y-yes.. understood" I say, my voice shaking a little.
"Good girl. Now go."
She lets go of my neck and I rush out of the toilets.
This girl is completely out of her mind.