Chapter 12

Toni's pov

After greeting my mom I rush upstairs to my room and throw myself on the bed.
I close my eyes and let my mind wander with my face buried into the pillow.

I already miss her.

What? No! I need to stop thinking about her. She's not good for me and I know it.
I try to force myself to think of something else.
Jughead.
I haven't talked to him since the "accident" at Pop's and I feel guilty for leaving him there like that. I didn't even apologize afterwards.
Maybe I should text him? But Cheryl would find out. I don't know how, but she would.
And here I am thinking about her again. Why does she always need to be on my mind?

I hear my phone ding and unlock it.
Cheryl
-I'm home babygirl, thank you for worrying. Can't wait to see you tomorrow x

I read the message and realize I've been staring at it with a dumb smile on my face.
I hate myself.
I decide to reply just by sending her a purple heart and put my phone away.

*3am, sleeping*

I suddenly wake up hearing strange noise. For the next few seconds everything is quiet, so maybe I was just dreaming. I try to go back to sleep when I hear it again, this time closer.
I jump up and quickly turn the little lamp on my nightstand on.
"What the fuck?! CHERYL!?" I whisper-yell.
"Shhh, TT, calm down"
"How did you get in?!" I say shakily, my heart pounding in my chest.
"Your window" she says casually.
I stare at her with fright in my eyes, still trying to steady my breathing.
"Baby it's just me okay? I'm sorry for scaring you"
I rub my eyes sleepily.
"B-but.. what are you doing here?"
"I just...couldn't wait until tomorrow. I missed you"
She comes closer and sits on the bed as I pull myself up, leaning on the headboard.
I just look at her speechless.
I'm still confused after waking up and my brain can't process what's happening properly.
She strokes my cheek softly and smiles. Her eyes big and loving. I've never seen them like this so far.
She seems deep in thought, absorbed.
"What's on your mind?" I ask her.
"You're beautiful... and I feel better now that you're here with me"
"Cheryl.." she keeps rubbing her thumb gently up and down my cheek and I grab her wrist to stop her. "you can't-..this is not okay...you can't just...burst into my house at 3am"
She looks down sadly.
"I know baby...but I needed to see you. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't stop thinking about you"
I look at her for a few minutes, trying to figure out if she's drunk or something, but I come to the conclusion she's 100% sober. She's just pshyco.

"I'm sorry Toni...I didn't mean to startle you. And we have school tomorrow, you need sleep. I'll leave you alone"
She tries to stand up but I stop her.
"No"
She looks at me and raises one eyebrow.
"Please..stay"
"It's fine Toni, I shouldn't have done this-"
"No, please.."
I look at her pleadingly while holding her hand with both mine.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes..don't leave, please"
I lightly pull her towards me and she comes lay down next to me.
"You want me to sleep here? with you?" she asks me.
"Yes, please..if you want, of course"
I don't know what I'm doing. I know I should stay away from here, yet I'm here asking her, pleading her actually, to sleep in my bed with me.
It's probably a mixture between my drowsiness and the effect Cheryl has on me that's making me act like this.

She gets under the cover beside me and we both stare at the ceiling in silence.
"Should I turn out the light?" I say keeping my eyes on the ceiling.
She doesn't reply and after a few seconds she turn her head towards me, so I do too.
We look at each other for what seems like hours, until she starts moving closer.
She crawls on top of me, reaches out for the lamp and switches it off.
I feel her soft breath on my lips and close my eyes in the dark.
I can't see, but I can tell our faces are just an inch apart and I get the confirmation when something soft brushes against my lip.
Her lips.
I'm dying for her to finally let me touch those lips with mine.
But she won't stop teasing me.

"P-please..Cheryl..." I stutter in a whisper.
"Hmm? please what?" she says teasingly.
I bite my lip and she senses my action.
"Oh fuck it" she says and gives me what I'm craving the most.
Our lips finally meet in a rough and longing kiss as we both start fighting for air.
"I've been craving this ever since I first saw you babygirl" she says after pulling away.
I take her head between my hands and give her another gentle kiss on the lips. They're so soft and this is so wrong, but feels so right.
"Me too" I say.

I wrap my arms around her in a hug while she's placing gentle kisses on my cheeks and neck.
"You make me happy, TT"
I smile even though she can't see me since it's dark in the room.
"You make me happy too Cheryl"
I wasn't lying. She overwhelmed me, scared me, hurt me at times but she made me happy. I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else right now but here. Intertwined with her in my bed.
"Goodnight princess"
She places one last kiss on my cheek before falling asleep still laying on top of me.

———
a/n
I know it's short but i've been so busy😭hope you don't hate me because ilu