Chapter 13

Toni's pov

I wake up to the sound of my alarm.
I'm alone in my bed, Cheryl left.
The feeling of sadness starts growing inside of me and then I notice a little note on the pillow beside me.

"I'll give you a ride to school in the morning. Don't be late. -C"

I smile and quickly get up to get ready as fast as possible.
As I'm getting ready all I can think about is what happened last night.
She kissed me
The mean, scary, bossy bitch is the same girl whose lips touched mine last night. It's the same girl who told me I make her happy, it's the same girl who kissed me goodnight and left a note on my pillow before leaving.
Can you believe it?

She is very confusing but there's something about her that won't let me push her away even if I wanted to.

I leave my house and wait for her outside, I'm 10 minutes early just to make sure. The last thing I want is to make her mad, especially now that everything is going so well.

She arrives after about 5 minutes.
"Bonjour mon cherie. Get in" she smiles.
I get in the car and smile back.
"H-hi Cheryl"
I try to avoid her eyes but I feel them on me so I eventually have to give in and look at her.
"What's all that blushing for?"
I don't reply and she bites her lip.
"Stop!" I say and she raises her eyebrows.
"Excuse me?"
"Stop staring at me like that...please"
She slowly gets closer until our faces are just a few inches apart. Her eyes are like glued to mine.
"I can stare you all I want, babygirl."
I feel a shiver run down my spine and my cheeks heat up even more. I shift my focus to her lips and impulsively give her a quick peck.
Her expression makes me regret it instantly.
"C-cher..I'm sorry I didn't meant to- I don't know why I did tha-"
She suddenly cuts me off by grabbing me by my collar.
"You're not allowed to do that. Don't you dare do that again...without my permission."
I look at her scared and nod, she releases her grip and starts the car.

The ride is silent until she notices I'm silently crying. This girl is seriously too overwhelming for me.
"Toni..baby" she says as she places her hand on my thigh.
I don't look at her nor reply and she starts rubbing my thigh gently.
"Babe, please. I'm sorry for making you upset"
I instinctively place my hand on top of hers but then I think about how she had just treated me. I take her hand off me and she pulls up.
"TT, look at me, now."
I slowly turn to face her and at first I see a Cheryl that's about to explode but she's trying to contain herself, and she's trying hard. As soon as she sees my red eyes her expression changes. It's like her heart dropped a little, her eyes changed. I've never seen her like this.
"Toni..."
"I-I'm sorry.." I look down.
"No. I'm sorry for upsetting you baby, I didn't mean to...I really am"
"I'm sorry for kissing you"
"You are forgiven babygirl. Now stop crying now please"
She wipes my tears away and smiles at me.
"It's okay, you just need to learn." she says and I look at her confused.
"What, Toni?"
"What do you mean..."learn"?"
She raises an eyebrow.
"Haven't you learned something from what happened earlier TT?"
Oh. She means I'm not allowed to kiss her without her permission.
"Y-yeah.."
"Good. Let's go then or we'll be late for school"

She parks in the school parking lot and I try to open the car door to get out.
"I- uhm..It's not opening"
She chuckles.
"Of course not, TT. There's a child lock on it"
"What, why?"
"So you don't get out and run away from me" she says and blows me a kiss.
"I wouldn't.." I murmur quietly.
"What?"
"Nothing"
She sighs and gets out of the car to go open the door from the outside so I can get out too.

We walk inside the school and I notice Jughead and the others in the hallway. I haven't seen him since I left him on his own at Pop's and this is really awkward.
"By my side." Cheryl growls.
I walk so close to her our arms are touching and when we get closer to them, she takes my hand in hers.
I try to avoid them by looking down but I hear him call my name just as we walk by.
"Toni!"
I feel Cheryl squeeze my hand and start walking faster as she drags me away.
Jughead starts coming after us.
"Toni!" Jughead says a bit louder now.
I try to free myself from Cheryl's grip but she won't let me go.
"Please Cheryl!" I whisper-yell.
She stops all of a sudden and gives me a stern look. I look down and luckily Jughead saves the situation by tapping my shoulder.
I turn around still holding Cheryl's hand behind my back.
"Hi!" I say with a fake smile.
"Toni, how are you? Are you okay?"
"Y-yeah, of course I am"
He looks at me, then at Cheryl behind me and then back at me. He looks worried.
"Are you sure? You can tell me"
"I am sure Jughead, why are you asking me that?"
He sighs.
"What have you been doing to her you psycho?!" he says talking to Cheryl now.
I feel her grip on my hand tighten and wince a little.
"What did you just call me?" she says slowly.
I start panicking, this isn't going to end well.
"N-no..please..." I say.
"A psycho. Exactly what you are."
"Please Jughead" I say and look at Cheryl.
Her eyes are so dark, she's about to explode and someone is getting hurt.
"Please, Cheryl" I try to get her attention but fail.
"Well I would burn your house down if you only had one, you hobo."
She lets go of me and takes a step closer to him.
"But I guess smashing your head into the locker will do." she raises her voice and I back away until I'm against the lockers.
"I don't care what you do to me, I want you to leave Toni alone. You don't deserve her, you're going to fuck her up!" he yells back.
I crouch down and start crying. I don't want either of them to get hurt.
"Please stop.." I say quietly between sobs.
Jughead hears me and instantly rushes to me.
He puts his hands on my shoulders.
"Toni..Toni, look at me." he says. "Look what you've done! She's crying and it's all your fault Cheryl! But you don't even care, do you?!"
"Get off her!" Cheryl says and pushes him away. He loses his balance but quickly gets back up.
Cheryl crouches down to my level and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.
"Baby..."
I look up at her and she looks genuinely sorry.
"I'm so sorry TT. I lost control, I didn't mean to scare you"
"You scare her all the time. That's how you get her to do what you want." Jughead says.
Cheryl closes her eyes and just ignores him but I can tell she's struggling not to punch him in the face.
"Don't listen to him babygirl. I don't want to hurt you. Okay?"
I nod.
"C'mon babe, up"
She helps me stand up and wraps an arm behind my waist protectively.
"I'm sorry Jugrat, but you're wrong. And I won't leave Toni alone. She is mine."
"Toni, tell her you're not! You don't have to do this, I'll protect you. Don't be scared" he says but I don't reply.
I slowly shake my head and he looks at me shocked.
Cheryl smirks amused.
"Told you. And now piss off." she says.
He looks at me disappointed, then turns around and leaves.

Cheryl turns to me proudly and pecks my lips.
"You're safe with me babygirl"

———
a/n
GUYS!!!! SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE BUT I WAS STUCK!!! :c
I love you so much tho, 16k reads, what?!?! and all the comments😭😭♥️♥️♥️ you're so sweet, i love you so much
hope you liked this chapter x