Because Of Him

Lukes POV

The room was thrown into utter silence. Everyone just stared at Samuel like he had suddenly grown another head, how could this have happened? Like sure, I know the humans weren't going to sit back and take this forever but so soon? Just when everything seems to finally be settling down, this happens. I can't help but let my eyes drift to Jason who had his eyes locked with Samuel, the last few words running through my head.

A salve will do anything for their freedom, even kill.

And in that moment, my world crashed down around me. Jason was a slave and as much as I wished he wasn't, in the end, he was. He had been forced into this life of doing what someone said, simply because they were stronger than him. He was forced to do everything he's told, and not because he wants to please his master. No, he's scared of what will happen if he doesn't.

He was scared of me and that wasn't going to change because I treat him nicely and try my hardest to love him, his brain will always work as a slaves does since that is all he has ever known.

But the big question is, would he turn on me if he got the chance?

"How?" My voice comes out just above a whisper. All the usual dominance has gone, at this moment in time, I was scared! Sure, I won't admit it out loud but I am, I am scared that the person I love will turn against me. Samuels hard eyes lock with my own before turning back to the wide-eyed crowded table.

"Some freedom fighters in the hill made it, they would sneak them into the slaves at auctions, and as I said before, a slave will do anything for their freedom. So of course if some stranger promises you that you will be able to beat even the strongest of creatures, well, you take whatever they are prepared to give you."

"But he said the cases here have been stomped out, doesn't that mean we're safe?" A blue-haired vampire in the back whispered to the person next to him, but we all heard.

"No you incompetent bastard! Of course, we're not safe. We've only gotten rid of the ones that already took the pill, there are probably thousands of pills out there waiting to be given to these idiot slaves who think they can get away." Samuels threatening voice boomed over the crowd until there was silence again except for his heavy breathing.

"What are we going to do about it?" It was my turn to face the wrath of his eyes as they shot towards me.

"We're on high alert. From now on every slave is to be cheeked every day, morning and night. Personel slaves are to not leave your side, I don't care how much you trust them," His eyes staring daggers back at me. "House slaves are to not leave the house without being accompanied by yourself or another creature. Any signs of slaves on the drug are to be killed on sight, am I understood?" Yes, sirs filled the room. "Okay, you may all leave now," The room was empty in a minute flat, it would seem people couldn't wait to get out of the room.

...

We sat in the car with Jason next to me, Storm and Jimmy opposite us in utter silence. I watch as the city passes by before we came to the endless fields, but all too soon we reach home and without a word I exit the car, heading for the kitchen. Once there I pull the first drink I can find, which happened to be a bottle of vodka and start gulping it down.

"Whoa whoa, hold up," I hear as my bottle gets ripped out my grasp, Storm stands there with it in his hand. "You're not actually going to listen to that asshole, are you?" I shrug my shoulders at him. "Oh come on. Out of all the shit that spews out his mouth, you're going to start listening to him now? Jason loves you. I know he hasn't said it yet but you can tell, trust me."

"Yeah right, he's still a slave though. It doesn't matter if I love him or for some strange reason he feels the same, he's a slave and if he gets the chance to get away from me, he will," I slump down into the barstool feeling defeated by life, Storm sits next to me.

"Look, he's scared at the moment. That kid has never been shown any sort of love before but the way he looks at you, just, I can tell. Even if he got the chance to run, which he's had plenty of chances to already, he won't."

"He will because, in the end, we're just their masters. They only do what they do because they're scared. It's as simple as that."

"You should be the first to know that isn't true. So you're saying if Jimmy got that pill he'd come and kill me the first chance he got?"

"You and Jimmy are way different. He loves you, like would literally do anything for you loves you. Me and Jason, I don't know. Maybe if we had met sooner it would be different..."

"Just listen okay, stop being a dick. The kid loves you. Now go be with him instead of poisoning yourself with this shit," And with that, he threw the bottle into the bin before walking out.

...

Once I reach the room, I see Jason pacing inside. He looks so vulnerable, the way his arms are wrapped around his tiny waist trying to give himself some kind of comfort. It made me want to rush over and wrap him in my arms, never to let him go. 

"Master, I'm so sorry," Are the first words out of his mouth once he notices I am standing in the doorway. He rushes over, dropping at my feet. "Please forgive me," I place my hand to his blonde hair, stroking it for a few seconds before I pull him up into my arms. He wraps his smaller legs around my waist, snaking his arms around my neck while his head sits in the crook of my neck "I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for Jason?" I ask while I walk over to the bed, perching on the edge with Jason sitting on my lap as he keeps his whole body wrapped around me.

"I don't know Sir, but I've upset you, so I'm sorry," I didn't realise my silent treatment had affected him so much, that he thinks he's done wrong.

"You haven't upset me, so there's no need to be sorry. You've been perfect, as always," I assure him, rubbing small circles into his back to calm him down.

"If it's what Lord Samuel said at the meeting, I promise I would never hurt you, ever! I love you Master and I'm sorry I didn't tell you this morning. It was just a lot to take in but I do love you," His words make everything stop, including my breathing. I've waited so long to hear him say those three simple words, and now that he has, everything else is forgotten because he loves me!

yay not going months without updating :) okay so this story is coming to and end soon! might be one or two chapters left then cursed to share will begin (don't worry these characters will be in it to) oh yeah and  in case you thought i forgot about Cody (lilac eyes) i haven't he will just be in the next one more, so yeah hope you enjoyed it tell me what you thought :) 

oh yeah if you want to cheek out my new story to its called toxic, just and old story i did ages ago and thought I'd bring it back. 

*Edited*