Chapter 33

His words managed to dispel all the doubts and the fears Ajana had although she wasn't sure if it were the words themselves or the warmth that radiated from Wallace's touch.
She could actually feel that what he was telling her was the truth, and she felt silly for ever doubting in the special bond they shared, she was and would always be the girl with an owl.

Although others had their familiars, she knew that owls rarely bestowed that honor on anyone, and she felt more special than she ever did in her own world where her way of seeing the world was misunderstood and oftentimes ridiculed.

Having managed to soothe her nerves, Wallace motioned for her to sit down on the soft grass that she was standing on and as she registered the rich smell of soft grass and it's incredible softens, Wallace, settled down next to her in what she recognized as his storytelling mode.

"Today might be the right time for me to tell you some important things about the healing magic and what it all means." Wallace started off.

She could barely contain her excitement because it was so good to know that she wasn't powerless, that she wasn't undetermined, and she wished nothing more than to learn about the power that resided deep inside her very core.

"Healing magic has been around as long as the worlds have existed and even in the human world, in your world, there are some remnants of healing magic that most people refuse to believe in.
Most of them are considered as sects or simply frauds, but the truth is that all the healing magic you have heard about contains a certain amount of real magic even what you humans call folk magic.

The problem is that the fewer people actually believe, and know that it is a reality the less efficient it is since we create our own reality with our set of beliefs and our way of seeing the world.
You can't heal someone who doesn't believe that magical powers are real, that healing can be easy and effortless because, in their reality, their way of seeing the world, it is not real and their body will, in essence, refuse the magical treatment.

I guess it's similar to the concept of organ transplants that your world has. Sometimes if the organs aren't a perfect match the recipient's body might reject the transplant, it might attack it as it is seen as a foreign body that might want to attack the organism.
The same is true with magic, by rejecting the magic they can actually stop the process of healing.

There are many types of healing magic still present even in your world, but they are far less powerful than the magic that you can perform since you know without any doubt that magic is real.

After everything, you have seen and done, there is the absolute belief in every cell of your being and that makes your magic even more powerful. That's why people who are born in Mag can perform magic from an early age without having to be taught the basics.

As you will soon see for yourself, in Mag we are blessed with many types of healing magic and it is up to every healer to choose which one suits them better or with which one they connect on a deeper spiritual or emotional level.
It's something that comes with time and exposure to different healing methods.

Of course, most of the magical beings know some forms of healing magic but it's usually rudimentary in comparison with the ones who have the predetermination to be the healers.
It is that one special facet of power that is open only to the ones who open up to it themselves which people are rarely brave enough to do.

However, I must warn you, being a healer can be both a gift and a curse.
Once you choose your path and devote to it completely, once your education is finished, it will be your duty to help all the beings wanting help, whether they might be magical or human, whenever the need arose.

But I don't think that will be a problem for you. I saw how kind and considerate you are to other beings and I heard what happened with the will-o'-the-wisp, that shows me that you care for other beings more than any of us.

It is very rare these days to have healers or at least the ones who show so much promise as you do since most beings have lost that special spark that makes them care more about their fellow beings than about themselves, their everyday lives and problems.
Most beings get so caught up in their own lives that they simply forget to care about others.
But you, you've managed to nourish that spark, to make it grow and burn stronger than I have seen in so many years.

Still, raw talent and emotions are not enough, you have a lot to learn but that's why putting healing classes as your main classes will be very helpful, to help your natural gift grow into something much more powerful.
You will learn how to nourish that flame in your heart, how to feed it and how to feed off of it because once ignited it can be an immense source of power." Wallace said.

''You make me sound so impressive and powerful, but I am neither of those things," Ajana said.

"No, not yet, but the rare few were born great. Most become great through effort, struggle, and willingness to do whatever it took to fulfill their role in the cycle of life. We are all just parts of the whole, puzzle pieces if you will, and when we do our role in making the world a better place we make the picture whole.

I am sure that often times you have seen puzzle pieces that seemed to be the same, but once you took a closer look you realized that there was always a difference albeit a small one. It means we are all unique and special in our own way. If one piece is missing, all we have is an incomplete puzzle.
One unique soul missing from the world can make the world unbalanced and that is why and how wars and problems occur." He said.

"I think I understand. How do you know so much about the human world, puzzles, the language nuances and so on?" She asked.

She was well aware that she asked the least important question of all after everything that he had told her, but her brain became muddled by all the information and that was all that came to the forefront of her mind.

"Ah, I am an old soul, although I don't look my age. I have been around for a very long time. Having lived as much as I have I learned to adapt because a wise owl moves with times, a wise owl doesn't allow time to move over it." He said.

His tone of voice was so solemn that although it sounded like a joke to Ajana, she had no idea if it truly was one, so she just vigorously nodded her head in agreement.

Soon enough a strange shrieking sound filled the air, and she was surprised to note that it was actually Wallace laughing.
The sound was the oddest one ever and that's when everything fully hit her.
She was sitting on the soft grass of another world, chatting with an owl about magic.

That was when she started laughing so hard that tears ran down her face, and she wasn't sure what she was laughing about, all she did know was that it felt good.
It felt good to just relax and laugh one's heart out, so she did so.