Chapter 48

"I hadn't realized you can be so stubborn," Wallace said exasperated.

"You do realize that your presence might hinder us. I might have to save you, instead of focusing my efforts on saving Kieran.

I know this might sound harsh to you, but I am telling you what you need to hear." Wallace said.

"Trust me, I understand. I was always annoyed with those characters in the movies and books who insist on doing something as stupid as this. I've always seen them as selfish, a burden.

However, I feel as if this time I should go, that I will be able to help you.

The only time my magic presented itself fully was when I was trying to defend Kieran.

I think I will be able to help you. You need all the help you can get." Ajana said.

"I can't believe that I am about to let a child join me in the war zone. I must be the least wise owl of us all, but I feel there is truth in what you are saying.

From the first moment, I could see that there was some kind of bond between you and Kieran.

However, I've never been sure what it was. That was why I asked you to help him.

It felt important to see what destiny had in store for you the two of you, maybe this is the answer to my question." Wallace said perplexed.

"Maybe you are meant to help each other. Him to help you develop your powers, and you to help him get his home back, and to stay safe." Wallace said.

Ajana held her breath while she waited for Wallace's final answer. After all, she knew that no matter what she had said, she couldn't do much without Wallace's support. Especially having in mind that she knew very little about the other worlds or what dangers, besides the elves, there could be.

"Very well. You can come, as long as you listen to everything I say. One wrong move can be fatal." Wallace said.

Although Ajana wasn't very fond of following orders without asking any questions, she agreed.

It felt like that was the right thing to do in the perilous land of the elves, and Ajana had learned to trust her feelings.

"Now what you need to know is that I have informed Kieran's family about what is happening, and as soon as we enter the elf territory there might be a battle. Are you ready for that?" He asked.

"Yes, I am ready." She said.

"All right then, I'll exit your mind now and address everyone. Don't share anything we talked about. Let me do all the talking." Wallace said.

Ajana agreed.

She wouldn't know how to explain everything even if she tried, so she chose the easy way out, to let Wallace explain.

When their minds came back to the reality of Cassie's living room, they were surprised by the sight before them.

Bob was seated on the sofa, tightly tied up with coils of vine. He was so tightly bound that he resembled a mummy.

"What happened here?" Wallace asked, authority ringing in his voice.

"Bob tried to do something stupid," Cassie replied.

Wallace moved his wing in a gesture that indicated that she should proceed.

"The moment you started your private conversation, Bluebells came running down the stairs. Barely keeping himself from falling, I might add.

Why he didn't use his wings is beyond me." Cassie said.

"I got overly curious, I forgot about my wings." Bluebells said.