Chapter 1 | Loss For Words

It has been almost a year since Marinette got her first taste of Andre's Sweetheart Icecream. Almost a year since she built up the hopes of her heart only to have her tower shattered down. You see after Marinette heard the clue that Andre gave her with her icecream she got her hopes up with the thought of actually ending up with Adrien in the end. She was right to do so. Her clue was simple. Peach pink like his lips and mint, like his eyes. She was so sure that the icecream was pointing towards Adrien. That was until she saw Adrien and Kagami getting icecream at Andre's Sweetheart Icecream. Adrien got a cone that was loaded with strawberry icecream with black chocolate chips, blackberry, and blueberry. Kagami getting the same flavours as Marinette.

Marinette was confused about the sight she saw, so she gained up all the courage she had and asked Adrien how he ended up with Kagami with flavours that didn't seem to suit her. Adrien simply smiled and said;

      "I didn't see it at first either. I mean, when I was told that there was blueberry for her sky blue stare I was so confused. I thought it meant the colour of her eyes. But then I saw that it was really meant to be a metaphor. A sky blue stare is often symbolized with people who have amazing depth and stability in their souls. It's about trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, and truth." Adrien explained with a smile.

Adrien was beginning to get lost in his thoughts as he was talking about Kagami. Marinette gave her all to not cry her heart out towards the model. Surprisingly she did the exact opposite of what she thought she would do. Instead of crying or getting jealous she instead gave a small smile and told Adrien that she was happy for him. She said that she was happy that he was happy with her. Though, it still hurt her deeply.

      Now Marinette was fifteen. She was now in the Ninth grade. But her being the overachiever she is, she ended up taking advanced classes in the higher grade. Those being tenth-grade Math, Science and English. Currently, she was headed towards math. However, since it was a new year and a different grade compared to her friends, she became lost in the hallways.

Marinette started to take out her school schedule and the school map from her bag, forgetting to close it. And Marinette, being the clumsy girl she is, bumped into someone as she was looking at the school map and her schedule. The result of her bumping into the person in front of her ended with her falling backwards, dropping the papers in her hand, and the supplies from her bag falling out and scattering all over the floor.

She immediately rambles an apology towards the person she bumped into without looking up from the floor. As she was scurrying to pick up her supplies she heard a familiar charming chuckle. Marinette then stopped picking up her supplies and saw a familiar black and blue-haired boy crouching down to her level, smiling.

      "Hello, Ma-ma-ma-ma-Marinette."

Marinette was surprised to see Luka

Marinette was surprised to see Luka. So surprised that she jumped and fell back again, causing Luka to chuckle again.

      "You okay?" Luka asked, still smiling playfully.