Chapter 15 | Nevermind

It was finally the weekend. Luka managed to reconnect his relationship with Marinette, apologizing for being an absent friend. Marinette, of course, accepted his apology since she knew the reason for it.

      "The perks of people not knowing who you are behind the mask." She thought to herself.

      The two friends were currently at Luka's house. They had a Kitty Section rehearsal for the new song they had come up with. They were planning on making an album and posting it on their website that Marinette designed for them. After what happened with Bob Roth they weren't taking any chances. And because of Marinette's connection with Jagged Stone they were confident that they would be going somewhere in a music career.

      "Alright, just one run through to see how we're doing and then we look at Marinette's album design?" Luka asked the group. All of the members nodded. They then looked at Marinette to see if they were in the clear. She nodded with a smile causing the group to smile. All the members then looked at Ivan to cue them in. Ivan tapped his drumsticks together and soon the band started to play again.

      Marinette was excited. More than usual. This rehearsal was different from the rest because it was the first time Luka would be performing a song that he wrote lyrics to. Not to mention he was singing it too.

(Duality - Set It Off)

      When the song was done Marinette clapped her hands and cheered.

      "Luka, you wrote that?" Marinette asked in shock and wonder. Luka's eyes widened and he blushed while rubbing his hand on the back of his neck.

      "Ahh, Luka!" Rose said while hugging him from the side. The rest of the members then started to tease the blue-haired boy.

      "Was it okay...?" Luka asked, unsure about the song he wrote.

      "Are you kidding me?! That was amazing!" Marinette exclaimed causing Luka to blush even more. He then shook his head and looked over to Marinette.

      "What about you Marinette? How's the cover art going?" He asked.

Marinette was taken back a bit, but she smiled.

      "I kept it simple as you asked. It's not a lot, and I'm okay with suggestions, but here it is."

She then showed the group what she was working on. All the members gasped in awe at Marinette's design. It wasn't as vibrant as Jagged Stone's album cover, but it was what they wanted.

      "Well...?" Marinette dragged.

The members looked at each other with smiles.

      "It's perfect," Luka said with a bright smile.

       For the next hour, the group was recording and editing their songs to place in their album while Marinette was digitizing the album cover and updating the website. The time it took to finish all the work was about five hours. It was intense, but the group kept smiles on their faces knowing that they were being productive. Soon the time was 7:55 pm. Ivan already went home but Rose stayed as she was sleeping over for the weekend. Both Rose and Juleka turned in for the night, leaving Marinette and Luka alone in his room.

      Luka was currently editing song audio on his laptop while Marinette was doing her final touches on the album cover on her tablet.

As she finished she saved the picture, placed down her tablet, and stretched to crack her back. The action made her sigh in comfort. She didn't realize how stiff her back was until she stretched. Luka noticed and smiled. He then took off his headphones to give his full attention to Marinette.