Chapter 18 | Let Her Go

The miraculous boys and Tikki were currently headed towards the Louvre Museum. Black Widow was corrupting everyone there. She was getting more powerful by the minute.

Viperion, Cat Noir and Tikki gasped at the sight around them. So many people with blackened eyes screaming in fear and agony. Some were on the floor while others were wrapped in spider webs. It was a horrifying sight. Eventually, the team lost sight of Black Widow, but they could still hear her taunting them.

     "How does it feel Viperion? To know that you're the one who caused this. You as your alter ego was the one who caused so much damage when all you wanted to do was keep her safe." Black Widow taunted in Viperion's mind.

Viperion covered his ears to try and block out her voice.

"Block it out Viperion. Don't listen to her!" Cat Noir said while grabbing the snake's shoulder.

Viperion was trying his hardest to block out Black Widow's voice.

     "It must suck, huh? Knowing that you're the reason for this whole mess. Knowing that you hurt the girl you like THAT much that she got akumatized. How do you think she feels about you now? She probably hates you. Your chances with her are gone. And I'm saying that because it's the truth. You rejected her before she turned into me. So do you think she's going to forgive you after this is over? Fat chance snake boy."

Viperion's eyes started to water. He looked around him and saw that the world was going dark. He began to hyperventilate and his eyes started to water. Cat Noir's voice started to fade out and Black Widow's voice became louder and louder.

      "How does it feel to know that you've only made things worse since the day you became a superhero? Ever since you became Viperion you've been keeping secrets from Marinette. You've been getting more distant from her. It even got to the point where she thought she did something wrong to make you upset with her. Is that something a good friend would do? I'll answer it for you. It's not. And if you can't even be a good friend then how can you expect to be the girl's boyfriend?"

Viperion started to cry. The guilt he was feeling was overbearing. He couldn't take it.

      "You can't even save her. Some hero you are. You're a superhero and you can't even save her. You just gave up and fell to your knees underneath my power. Pathetic."

      Viperion felt himself get weaker. He looked at his hands and saw that they were soaked with his tears. He then looked up to see that the world was still dark, but he saw Marinette. But the sight horrified him. It was Marinette being beaten by Black Widow. She was bloody and bruised and calling for Viperion to save her, but when he tried to move he saw that his body was chained to the floor. The more he moved the tighter the chains got.

      He called out for Marinette telling her to hold on. But he was too late. Black Widow had thrown her off the building and watched her fall to her death.

Viperion screamed at the sight. Soon everything went black again. He continued to cry.

      "You killed her. She's dead because of you. This is all your fault-"

      "Viperion!" A voice cut off Black Widow.

Viperion looked up to see that there was a small light in front of him. There was a silhouette of someone. He couldn't tell who it was, but the voice sounded familiar.

      "Viperion! Wake up! It's okay. It's not your fault. Marinette isn't gone! You can still get up and fight to save her!"

The voice and the silhouette then left. All Viperion could hear now was the muffled sound of two people fighting. Soon a new voice and a new silhouette came into range. The silhouette was small and it wasn't shaped like a human.