Chapter 20 | The Only Exception

The next morning Marinette walked to school with a smile on her face. She was listening to some of Kitty Section's music, not caring about who was watching her lip-sync to the song. When she made it onto school grounds she began to walk up the stairs until she was pushed back. Marinette took out her earbuds to see Chloe and Lila looking at her with smirks. Marinette sighed, mentally preparing herself for the insults to come her way.

"Dupain-Cheng. Heard you were the one akumatized yesterday evening." Chloe sneered.

Lila chuckled at Chloe's sentence.

"And for a pathetic reason too. I mean, a boy rejects her and she gets so salty about it. Come on! Grow up!" Lila laughed. Chloe laughed alongside her.

"You mean wake up. Like, let's be honest. What boy in their right mind would go out with someone like her?!" The blonde said.

Chloe and Lila started to laugh even more. However, Marinette was smirking the entire time. None of the comments that the two made effected her and little did Chloe or Lila know what was happening behind them.

      Chloe and Lila both noticed that Marinette wasn't angry at them or crying as they hoped. Both frowned at Marinette.

"What's so funny Dupain-Cheng?" Chloe asked while she and Lila started leaning closer to Marinette.

Marinette only giggled and pointed behind the two girls. Chloe and Lila turned around to see Luka giving them a death glare while cracking his knuckles. Chloe and Lila both gulped the spit that built up in their mouths.

"Princess, are these two bothering you?" Luka asked with a deep threatening voice.

Chloe and Lila began to cower. They've never seen Luka be so intimidating.

Marinette giggled at Luka.

"No, we were just talking," Marinette replied.

She then walked in between Chloe and Lila, gently pushing them out of her way, and linked her arm with Luka's, kissing the side of his cheek to calm him down. Marinette and Luka then locked their hands together.

"Chloe, Lila," Marinette said, bidding the two girls farewell with a teasing smile.

Both Marinette and Luka left Chloe and Lila speechless. When the couple was at a good enough distance from the two girls they started whispering to each other.

"He's lowkey hot when he's angry," Chloe said still speechless.

Lila could only nod her head in agreement.

----

Luka and Marinette made their way through the halls, hand in hand. Eventually, they met up with their circle of friends. The circle consisted of Rose, Juleka, Ivan, Mylene, Nino, Alya, even Adrien and Kagami.

Rose was the first one to notice the two. She gasped when she saw that they were holding hands. Her gasp alerted the circle of friends. All looked to where Rose was looking and all gasped.

"Marinette...?" Alya dragged with a smile.

"Why are you and Luka holding hands...?" Asked Nino with a smirk.

Both Marinette and Luka smiled while a slight blush spread across their faces. Rose started to squeal and Juleka chuckled.

"Looks like you finally grew a pair bro," Juleka said with a teasing smile.

Luka then glared daggers at Juleka, causing the friends to laugh. Luka's blush deepened. Marinette noticed and awed at the boy. She then nuzzled into his arm to try and distract him from the teasing of their friends. Everyone then awed once again.