Chapter 12 | Late Night Visits

It's been a good week since Viperion had officially joined the miraculous team. He has proven to be a great help to the original duo. He was the perfect addition to Paris' superhero team. Ladybug was glad to see his dedication towards the hero life. However, as Marinette, she noticed that Luka was becoming more and more distant with her. It upset her to see Luka become more secretive with her.

Currently, Marinette was laying in her bed trying to fall asleep. But the thoughts of Luka getting distant with her kept her awake.

      "Marinette, you should be sleeping now, you have school in the morning," Tikki exclaimed.

      "I know Tikki, but I can't stop thinking about Luka. He's becoming distant with me. I know it's most likely because of him being Viperion, but I'm still worried that he'll just stop talking to me." She explained.

      "So, what are you going to do?" Tikki asked.

      "I don't know..." Marinette dragged off.

She then rolled out of her bed, put on her flats, and walked to her balcony to get some fresh air. Marinette leaned on the railings and took a deep breath in and a heavy exhale out. Suddenly she heard a thud behind her. She turned around to see...

      "Viperion?!"

The snake was perched on top of her roof's chimney.

      "Bonsoir." He said softly.

      "I'm sorry if I startled you. You just seemed a little... upset." He then jumped down to the railing and sat.

      "Marinette, right?" He asked. Marinette nodded. She then thought of a way to carry on the conversation.

      "Umm, if you don't mind me asking, aren't you suppose to be doing some superhero stuff or something?" She asked with a smile. Viperion returned her smile.

      "I was on patrol. Then I saw a pretty girl staring out towards the city looking like she needed some cheering up." He explained.

Marinette smiled knowing he was talking about her. Viperion then jumped off the railing and stood beside Marinette.

      "So, what's got you so upset?" He asked softly.

Marinette knew that Luka was Viperion. But she also could tell that he was suspicious about her. He was on her trail of being Ladybug, so she tried to take him off her scent.

      "My friend. I'm starting to worry about him." She said.

      "He's been getting... distant with me. I don't know why."

She looked over to Viperion to see that he was chewing on the side of his cheek.

      "He knows I'm talking about him," Marinette thought to herself.

      "W-Well, maybe he's really busy." He tried to make an excuse.

      "Yeah, maybe. I mean he is the leader of a band. So..." She sighed.

Marinette's face then twisted in sadness.

      "What's his name?" Viperion asked, trying to cover his tracks.

      "Luka."

Viperion started to chew on the side of his cheek more and more.

      "I-I'm sure there's a good reason why he's been so distant." He stuttered.

      "I hope you're right," Marinette said quietly, acting in the form of sadness.

      "Sorry..." Viperion whispered sadly.