Chapter 17 | I Serve No One

Tikki was flying as fast as she could to Luka's house. Thankfully she made it there before anyone saw her. She flew into Luka's room to see him playing a sad song on his guitar.

      "Luka!" Tikki called out, startling the guitarist. He looked at Tikki in confusion.

      "A kwami?" He asked out loud. Sass then came out of hiding.

      "Tikki, why are you here?!"

      "Hawk Moth akumatized another victim!" Tikki explained.

      "What?! What's going on here?!" Luka asked confused.

      "I'm Ladybug's kwami," Tikki explained.

      "Why are you here then?" Luka asked.

      "Hawk Moth akumatized a new villain. She got to my owner before she could transform into Ladybug!"

      "What?!" Both Sass and Luka exclaimed in horror.

Luka then turned on his phone to look at the news.

       "Don't be bemused, it's just the news. Since early this afternoon a new supervillain by the name of "Black Widow" has been causing sorrow and fear to fill the heads of Parisians everywhere." Nadja Chamak broadcasted.

Soon a picture of Black Widow showed up on the screen. Luka's eyes widened.

      "Marinette?!" He breathed out.

      "Here we are with live footage of the scene. Black Widow has been corrupting the people of Paris by storm, and Ladybug, Cat Noir and their new friend Viperion are nowhere to be seen."

The footage then showed Black Widow laughing at the misery of the people below her.

Luka's eyes began to water.

      "This is all my fault..."

His face then hardened in determination.

      "It's time to turn back the clock and fix this. Sass fangs out!"

Luka then transformed into Viperion. He then jumped out his window with Tikki floating beside him to head towards the scene.

Eventually, he made it there to meet Cat Noir, who was also shocked to see Tikki.

      "Why is Ladybug's kwami here?" He asked frightened.

      "Black Widow got Ladybug before she could transform. So it's just us." Tikki explained.

      "How are we supposed to defeat Black Widow without Ladybug?" Viperion asked.

      "I can still purify the Akuma and give you a Lucky Charm. I just won't be able to help you fight." Tikki explained.

The two boys nodded understanding. Suddenly a laugh interrupted them. Tikki quickly hid behind Viperion.

      "Well, isn't this cute. The cat and the snake without their lady." Black Widow sneered. She was glowing a dark black and purple ora. But that's not what surprised Cat Noir and Viperion the most.

      "How are you flying?!" Cat Noir screamed.

Black Widow chuckled.

      "It's amazing how much power fear and doubt one can have. With such strength in power, one can do the impossible." She said with a smirk.

      "Marinette-"

      "Silence!" Black Widow cut off Viperion.

      "Marinette was weak! She took orders and let herself be pushed around. Pathetic! Black Widow is all she ever wanted to be, so I'm making sure she is!"

Viperion growled.

      "Hypno!" He called out. He then began to play a song to hypnotize Black Widow but to his surprise, nothing happened.

"What?" He asked himself surprised.

      "Remember what I said about strength in power?" She asked while reverting the hypnotic blast towards the two heroes, knocking them backwards.

      "That one can do the impossible with it."

She then used her web shooter and trapped the two male heroes in a thick spider web cocoon. When the two boys fell Tikki was now out in the open. Black Widow's eyes widened at the sight of the kwami. Soon she heard a familiar voice in her head.

      "That's Ladybug's kwami, grab it!" Hawk Moth commanded.

Black Widow chuckled.

      "Oh, I'm not doing anything you say Hawk Moth." Black Widow said back.

Hawkmoth growled.

"Do as I say or I'll remove your powers!" He threatened.

Black Widow laughed a wicked laugh.

      "Oh, that's the thing Hawk Moth, you couldn't remove the powers you gave me even if you tried. You see, you said, and I quote, "It's time that the people around you know what it means to be afraid and doubtful. No longer will you be anyone's servant." Huh, now how about that?" Black Widow said with a smirk.

      "When you said "No longer will you be anyone's servant" you included yourself. Which means I'm in control of me!"

Black Widow then cut off all communication with Hawk Moth and flew higher into the air to find more people to install fear into. Leaving Viperion and Cat Noir alone in her trap.

      Tikki freed the two boys from the web cocoon they were trapped in.

      "Thanks, Tikki." Thanked Viperion.

      "We need a plan if we're going to defeat Black Widow." Cat Noir said to the group.

Both boys looked at Tikki.

      "Why are you looking at me?" Tikki asked.

      "Ladybug is usually the one who comes up with the plan..." Both boys said at the same time.

Tikki then started to think, then she called out a Lucky Charm. What came out was a chain. Tikki thought for a moment, then realized what they had to do.

      "Viperion, de-transform first, we'll need your hypnotic power later." She said. Viperion nodded and ran behind a chimney to de-transform and feed Sass. When he came back Tikki explained the plan.

      "Black Widow won't be an easy foe to defeat. She's fully in control of her actions, not Hawkmoth. So we're going to need Marinette's help in this too."

The boys looked at Tikki like she was crazy.

      "I'm sorry, but Marinette IS Black Widow." Cat Noir exclaimed.

      "No. When someone is akumatized it's like having a split personality. Marinette isn't gone, Black Widow is just in control of her body and her mind." Tikki explained.

The boys nodded their heads understanding.

      "If we can help Marinette fight Black Widow inside her mind then it'd be easier to capture her Akuma."

       "So, we need to remind her who she is?" Viperion asked for clarification.

      "Easier said than done, but yes."

The boys nodded.

      "Okay, so here's the plan. We find her and lead her to the Eiffel Tower. When there I need you two to trap her to a beam with this chain. When she's trapped Viperion will hypnotize her to help Marinette fight back Black Widow. When she's weak enough Cat Noir will use his Cataclysm to destroy the akumatized object and I'll purify the Akuma. Got it?"

      "Got it!" They said at the same time.

      "Alright, then let's go save Marinette."

Total words used: 1045