Chapter 4 | Late Night Conversations

It was late. Luka and Marinette had a good day of studying together. Both now had a better understanding of the classes they were struggling in. Luka offered to walk Marinette home since the moon was almost out. The walk was filled with small talk and laughter but sadly the walk wasn't as long as they hoped as in no time at all Marinette was home. Marinette entered her front door and waved goodbye to Luka, bidding him goodnight. Marinette walked up to her room, changed, and plopped on her bed. She then started to think. Tikki noticed the pondering look on Marinette's face and started a conversation.

      "Is something wrong Marinette?" Tikki asked.

Marinette looked at her friend with a small smile.

      "I'm just thinking of Luka. He was upset when we got to his place. You heard the song he was playing."

Marinette and Tikki both knew that Luka doesn't lie when it comes to his music. So when he played such a sad song Marinette became slightly worried for her friend.

      "Why do you think Luka was so upset?" Tikki asked.

      "I don't know. He got really quiet after he got his ice cream..." Marinette replied.

Ice cream... The mention of ice cream got Marinette thinking of her flavours of ice cream. Peach pink like his lips and mint, like his eyes. Then Marinette started to think of Luka's flavours of ice cream. Sweet strawberry for her heart and deep blackberry for her hair and her mysterious soul. She then looked at her attire and noticed that her colour scheme matched the colour scheme matched his ice cream. At first, she thought that there was a chance for her and Luka to fall in love and be happy, but then she thought about what happened with Adrien and Kagami. 

      She remembered the colour scheme of Adrien's ice cream. Strawberry with black chocolate chips, blackberry for her hair, and blueberry for her sky blue stare. That colour scheme also matched Marinette's colour scheme, but in the end, it was meant for Kagami. A metaphor out of all things was what determined her fate. 

      Marinette then started to think of how Adrien's ice cream matched Kagami. The strawberry with the black chocolate chips matched her daily outfit, the blackberry matched her hair, and of course, that stupid sky blue stare metaphor that decided it all. 

      Marinette's heart started to ache. Sorrow started to fill her chest and it made it's way up to her throat. Not long after Marinette began to cry. They were quiet sobs, but her tears were heavy. She had been bottling up her emotions for so long. She knew that wasn't healthy, but she didn't want anyone to worry about her. 

      "Marinette, it's going to be okay. These feelings will pass in their own time." Tikki reassured her friend. Marinette tried to calm down, but she found it so difficult. She had been repressing herself for the longest time. She was repressing her feelings of jealousy towards Kagami and her feelings towards Adrien. Tikki then tried to find some way to cheer Marinette up. Then an idea popped in her mind.

      "What about Luka Marinette? Remember his confession towards you?"

Marinette stopped crying for a moment as she started to remember what Luka had said to her when he was transformed into Silencer. At first, Marinette thought that Luka was akumatized because he hated that his work was stolen, but after his confession, she realized the reason was that she was being threatened. She was being threatened that her fashion career would be over and that threat along with hers and his work being stolen is the reason why Luka was akumatized. Soon Luka's confession ran through Marinette's head;

      "You're the most extraordinary girl Marinette. As clear as a musical note and as sincere as a melody. You're the music that's been playing inside my head since the first day we met."