Chapter 21 | A Thousand Years

Five years have passed. Both Marinette and Adrien were at the age of twenty. Luka was now twenty-two. The miraculous team already revealed themselves and they all unlocked their secret power. Viperion mastered his shapeshifting skills, Cat Noir with the Roar of Leo and Ladybug with the Healing Hands of the Ladybug. Ladybug and Cat Noir had Hawk Moth, or rather, Gabriel Agreste to thank. That's right. The team finally managed to put a stop to Hawk Moth's reign of akumatized terror. Won't go into the details of what happened that day since that's a story for another time.

      Within five years, the team changed their looks. All became more muscular from all the superhero work. Adrien and Luka both cut their hair shorter. Luka keeping his dyed tips. But Marinette grew her hair out. Their superhero outfits changed as well. Though Cat Noir and Viperion's suits only got a slightly deeper V line Ladybug's suit was the most updated. She now had two yo-yos on her and her suit had black outlines to make it bolder.

      Yes, the miraculous team still got to keep their magic jewels as there was still some crime in the city. Though it wasn't an Akuma attack, it was still something. Car chases, robberies, missing people. That sort of stuff.

      Speaking of which, the miraculous team was currently on the trail of a runaway subway train. The train was beginning to speed up more than it should've and when the driver tried to apply some breaks to slow it down the circuit overloaded and began to fry. Thankfully now everyone in Paris has an alert system that signals the team when they're needed.

      "How many passengers on the train?" Viperion asked.

They were all headed underground.

      "All the carts are loaded. So we need to make this save a safe one." Ladybug replied while looking at her yo-yo's screen.

      "Great, love a good challenge." Cat Noir said with a smirk.

The team then made their way underground. Eventually, they found the runaway subway train. Ladybug called on her Lucky Charm. What came out was a water gun. Ladybug didn't know what to do with it yet, so she strapped it on to her back.

      "Cat Noir, you slow the train down at the front, I'll slow it down from the back. Viperion, when the train is slow enough lift it until Cat Noir destroys the control panel."

      The two boys nodded at Ladybug's instructions. They then started to chase after the train. Ladybug and Cat Noir using their weapons as projectiles while Viperion was using his agility. Ladybug then wrapped her yo-yo's cable around the train while Cat Noir went up ahead to slow the train down with his staff. As the train was slowing down Viperion shifted his arms into snakes and wrapped them around the body of the train, lifting it off the tracks. Ladybug and Cat Noir then made their way into the cockpit of the train. Cat Noir used his Cataclysm to destroy the engine, which did cause the train to shut down, but it also caused a slight fire. Ladybug smiled, finally understanding what her Lucky Charm was for.

      Ladybug unstrapped the water gun from her back and sprayed it onto the small fire caused by the engine.

When the train wheels stopped turning Viperion placed the train back on the tracks. Ladybug then threw her Lucky Charm into the air saying "Miraculous Ladybug" causing the train to return safely back to it's designated station.

      "Thank you!" All the passengers said to the heroes as they walked off onto the ground again. The team gave a celebratory pound it. They then made their way to the Eiffel Tower to say their "goodnights". Cat Noir then left to go home. Ladybug was about to leave to her house too when she looked over to Viperion.

      "Hey, we going or no?" She asked with a smile.

Viperion looked into Ladybug's eyes and sighed. He then smiled.