Chapter 2 | First Day Struggles

Warning! This chapter has math and physics lessons inside of it! If you don't want to learn about math then skip the lesson! Also, quick note. The answers to the examples I put for physics and math are probably 100% wrong cuz I didn't care if they were right or not when I wrote this chapter lol. So take this chapter with a grain of salt cuz all that matters is what happens at the end of it.

Thank you! <3

Luka and Marinette were sitting side by side in calculus. As other students were walking in they started looking at Luka, saying "Hi" to him, and other students were looking at Marinette. Some people even started to talk to her, asking her if she was new in the school. She simply told them that she was just in advance Math, English and Science. The older students were impressed, mostly the boys were impressed at Marinette. That made Luka bite his tongue. He admitted to himself that he liked Marinette, but he didn't think that meaningless compliments from classmates would make him want to bite his tongue. This feeling of jealousy was new to him. Thankfully it was soon over when the teacher walked in and told everyone to take their seats.

"Goodmorning class, welcome back to school! I'm Miss Bustier and I will be your teacher for grade ten calculus."

Miss Bustier then started to look around the class until her eyes landed on Marinette. She smiled at one of her favourite students.

"But it seems like not all of us are in the tenth grade. Marinette sweety, you got accepted into advance classes I assume."

The entire class started to look towards Marinette. Out of her being the shy girl she is, she simply nodded her head with a smile on her face. Luka smiled at the sight.

"Damn it, why does she have to be so cute?"

"Alright, now let's get attendance done with so we can begin our first day of learning."

Miss Bustier then went towards her computer and began the attendance.

"Luka Couffaine?"

Since Luka was also a shy boy he simply raised his hand without saying anything. Marinette smiled at his action.

      And she thought she was a shy person.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng?"

"Here."

The attendance continued. Once it was completed, Miss Bustier then handed out a pile of booklets to the front row.

"Once you have your booklets please do the warmup on the first page to see where you're at. Don't be shy to ask for help." Miss Bustier said.

When Marinette got hers she immediately wrote her name on the front of the book and opened it to the front page to see what she was dealing with. The math didn't seem too hard, it was just solving for triangles. Marinette then grabbed her calculator from her bag and began typing and writing away at her worksheet. She was doing fine until she came upon a problem that she didn't understand. It was the one type of question that she never understood from last year's classes. It was converting an unbalanced equation into graphing coordinates and then plotting them on a graph. Otherwise known as General Form. She looked over towards Luka to see that he already passed that section of the page. Luka didn't notice Marinette was looking at him due to the fact that his headphones were on and they were blasting Jagged Stone's music while he was doing his work.

Marinette didn't want to disturb him so she just tried to remember how to do General Form. Five minutes passed and she still couldn't remember. Thankfully Luka finished his work page and looked towards Marinette to see that she was struggling with the question. Luka then paused his music and took off his headphones. He then scooted closer towards Marinette and tapped her shoulder to get her attention. Marinette looked towards Luka with the same puzzled look on her face.