Chapter 11 | You're Worthy

Luka waited patiently outside his house for Ladybug to pick him up. The time was 9:57 pm. Three minutes to ten. Luka began to tap his foot to ease his nervousness. Soon Ladybug landed in front of him.

      "Sorry, I'm cutting it short, I had to be somewhere. Ready to go?" Ladybug asked. Luka nodded his head.

Ladybug then extended her hand for Luka to take. He did and Ladybug wrapped her arm around his waist.

      "Hold on tight." She said softly. Luka wrapped his arms around Ladybug's neck tightly. Then they were off.

      Luka would be lying if he said that he wasn't shaken by the swift movement of flying through the air. True, he's done it as Viperion, but this was different. He didn't have any superpowers to save him and heights seemed to be more of a problem. But he trusted Ladybug and tried to calm down. Ladybug seemed to notice and gave him a reassuring squeeze. The action comforted Luka and made him calm down a severe amount. So much so that Luka began to close his eyes and enjoy the thrill of the ride.

      After a few minutes, the two finally made it to the Eiffel Tower. Ladybug placed Luka back on his feet. Luka then walked over to the railing and looked over the city. Ladybug did the same.

      "Nice night," Luka said softly. Ladybug hummed in response.

      "So, what did you want to talk about?" Ladybug asked. Luka sighed and chewed the side of his cheek thinking of the right words to say. He took a deep breath and then spoke.

      "Ever since you've chosen me to be a superhero I started to notice... things..." He dragged. Ladybug began to sweat.

      "Things... what things?" Ladybug asked nervously.

Luka noticed the stress in her voice and took note of it. This could apply to his theory later.

      "My friend, Marinette. She's been acting... strange. Every time there's an Akuma attack she just disappears without telling me. She does stupid things. And it's not like her to do stupid things." Luka then saw Ladybug start to get red in the face. Sweat making her skin slightly shiny. He took note of this again.

      "I'm just worried about her. I don't want her to get hurt. Or worse. God, I don't know what I'd do if something worse happened to her!" Luka started to explain with worry across his face.

Ladybug sweated some more, but then she took a deep breath and calmed down.

      "So, why are you telling me this?" She asked, trying not to sound rude.

Luka then looked at her and sighed.

      "Well, you're a superhero, so you know what to do in crazy situations like that, so I just wanted to know if you could give me advice on what to do. I just want to keep her safe." Luka explained. Ladybug then giggled.

      "You're a superhero too." She said back.

Luka looked at her and sighed.

      "Not really. I'm just the guy who shows up when you need help when it comes to time." He said while walking back. Luka then pressed up against the wall of the Eiffel Tower and slid down to sit. Ladybug gave a sad smile and followed him, sitting down next to the guitarist.

      "You're more of a hero then you realize Luka." She said while holding his shoulder.

Luka looked at her with questioning eyes.

      "Why'd you pick me?" He asked quietly.

Ladybug looked in Luka's eyes. She could tell he was lost. She then gave him a sympathetic smile.