Chapter 8 | The Rare Blue

After her day with Luka, Marinette felt bad. So bad that she didn't leave her room for the remaining four hours that were left in the day. The minute she reached her room she changed into her pyjamas and laid down on her bed and just scrolled through her phone. She didn't do anything productive for four hours straight. 

Tikki didn't like seeing her friend so worked up so she started a conversation to try and lift her spirits.

      "Thinking about Luka again?" Tikki asked sweetly.

Marinette sighed and nodded.

      "I made him worried today. That wasn't right. But I can't tell him that I'm Ladybug though!" Marinette then slammed her face into her pillow and groaned. 

Tikki began to pat Marinette's head to try and comfort her.

      "And it's not fair either because I know he's Viperion while he doesn't know about me being Ladybug," Marinette complained. Tikki then smirked at Marinette.

      "Why is Luka crossing your mind so much Marinette? You talk about him just as much as you talked about Adrien."

Marinette looked at Tikki with a blushing face. Her mind then she started to think. Before when she was deep in her thoughts Adrien would be the first one to cross her mind, but now the first one to cross her mind was Luka. She was beginning to realize her crush that she had on Luka. But then she thought about her ice cream cone. The flavour of mint kept crossing her mind. She liked Luka, but the colour of mint didn't suit him in any way. 

      "Thinking of the ice cream now?" Tikki asked. 

Marinette nodded her head, her face now emotionless. Then she had an idea. Tomorrow she would find Andre and ask him for answers. Or at least tell her what he saw in her future.

She then closed her eyes and fell asleep. She was needy for answers and she was ready for them.

      It was the next morning. Marinette was currently looking at her phone to look at the clues to find Andre's Sweetheart Icecream. Soon she got a notification that said Andre was headed towards City Hall. Marinette then took the bus to get to the location as quick as she could. By the time she got there, she saw Andre serving his ice cream to a couple. She smiled and walked over to him.

      "Ah, Marinette my dear, what can I get you today?" Andre asked with a smile. Marinette smiled back.

      "Oh, nothing. I wanted to ask you a question." She said. Andre then gave her a sympathetic smile.

      "Andre knows that look all too well, my dear. It is the face of someone who has lost their way in love's battlefield." 

Marinette looked down at her feet and nodded her head in response. Andre gave her another sympathetic smile. He then took her hand and sat with her on the stairs leading to the City Hall building. 

      "Tell me, my dear, what has gotten you so conflicted?" Andre asked.

Marinette took a deep breath.

      "It's your ice cream. No offence." Marinette said. Andre looked at her to continue.

      "It's just, the first time I got a cone from you I thought the colours were pointing towards a specific boy I had a crush on. He has peach pink lips and his eyes were the colour of mint. But then, later on, I saw him with a different girl getting a cone together." Marinette explained.

      "And now I'm starting to realize that I like this other boy. His cone matched me, but my cone didn't match him. His eyes aren't even close to a mint colour!" Marinette continued. Andre then sighed.

      "Your confusion is all my fault sweetheart. You see, the boy you speak of does have mint eyes, but not the same colour of mint that I gave you. That I'll fix." Andre then grabbed Marinette again and walked her over to his cart.

      "You see my dear when I looked into your heart I saw a boy with peach pink lips and mint eyes, but it was my fault for getting the colour wrong," Andre said while preparing to scoop a new cone.

      "You see, we all know the classic green mint. Common, well known, easy to find. But there is the rare blue." Andre explained.

Marinette looked confused. 

      "Blue mint. I've never heard of blue mint before."

      "Aggie blue mint ice cream," Andre said as he opened a tub of the blue coloured ice cream. It had never been touched before.

      "It's the rarest and most expensive version of mint ice cream as it's a combination of many beloved flavours to create this amazing one. Only I serve it here in Paris, however, I have never needed to serve it. Not until today." 

Andre then started to scoop Marinette a new cone with a new colour scheme.

      "Blackberry ice cream for his hair and Aggie blue mint ice cream for his stare that is rare. It's on me, my dear." 

Andre then gave Marinette her new cone. She took a lick and her eyes widened at the flavour. It was new to her, but she loved it. The flavour of mint ice cream, but it had a sweet cotton candy taste to it and it was loaded with cookie bits.

      "Marinette, do you know the reason why I include the eyes of another in my ice cream?" Andre asked. Marinette shook her head in response.

      "It's because the eyes are the window to the soul. And with the fact that I served you the rarest ice cream in Paris for his eyes, that proves to you that his soul is the rarest one you will ever find." Andre said with a smile. His statement almost made Marinette cry. She felt more at ease with everything now.

      "Thank you, Andre." Marinette bowed.

      Marinette then went on her way home while cherishing her cone. Thoughts of Luka started to pop into her head. The moments she spent with him and their friends, the moments when they were alone, the moments were they shared laughs, the moments where they shared sorrow or worry, and of course, she thought about his confession.

      By the time she got home her face was flushed in light rosy pink, her cone now finished. She walked up to her room, plopped on her bed, and sighed dreamingly. Tikki then flew out of Marinette's purse to talk with her again. 

      "Now that is the face of the Marinette I know," Tikki said with a smile.

Marinette looked over at Tikki and giggled. Marinette couldn't stop thinking about Luka's confession. 

      "You're the most extraordinary girl Marinette. As clear as a musical note and as sincere as a melody. You're the music that's been playing inside my head since the first day we met."

Marinette then grabbed her pillow and slammed it in her face and groaned.

      "What's wrong this time?" Tikki asked with a teasing voice.

Marinette threw the pillow off her face and began to speak. 

      "Why did Luka's confession to me have to be so perfect!? I can't beat that!" Marinette complained. Tikki then giggled.

      "It doesn't have to the exactly like his silly. It just has to be your honest words."

Marinette knew Tikki was right, as always. So she started to think of what to saw so she wouldn't sound like an absolute idiot. But knowing her, she would jumble her words either way.

Total words used: 1234