Chapter 16 | Black Widow

It was the next day. Marinette was determined that today was the day that she would tell Luka how she felt. She thought about it all night and she knew exactly what she was going to say to him. She then got out her phone and began to call Luka.

She waited for him to pick up. It didn't take long for that to happen.

      "Mari?"

      "Hey, Luka!"

      "Did you finally get a new phone?" He asked.

Marinette was confused.

      "What do you mean?" She asked.

      "You said that you lost your phone when Cat Noir saved you from those mummies."

Marinette then remembered her excuse for not calling Luka when Pharaoh returned. She then started to think of an excuse.

      "Umm, yeah. I disabled my old phone and transferred all the data into my new phone." She lied.

      "Ah. So, you need something?" He asked.

Marinette tried her hardest to not stutter.

      "Umm, yeah. Are you free today?"

      "Actually yeah. I'm free today." He responded.

Marinette was excited.

      "Sweet, you wanna hang out today?" She asked joyously.

      "Sure, where?"

      "Umm, the park...?" Marinette suggested.

      "Yeah, I'm down to chill at the park."

Marinette screamed internally.

      "Great, I'll meet you at the park in ten then, kay?"

      "Kay, see you there."

Luka then hung up. Marinette threw her phone in the air and started screaming. Tikki congratulated her.

      "You're doing it Marinette. Today is the day!" the small kwami exclaimed.

Marinette took a deep inhale and prepared herself to meet with Luka. She wore her regular outfit, making sure the guitar pick Luka gave her was out in the open. She grabbed her purse, her phone, and made sure Tikki was hidden with her.

      Marinette then walked out the door and made her way to the park to meet the guitarist. When she made it there she saw the boy sitting on the park bench with his skateboard, playing his guitar and writing down some notes. Marinette smiled and sat down next to the boy.

Luka was startled at first but then calmed down when he saw it was just Marinette.

      "Mari, you scared me." He said while laughing. Marinette laughed with him.

      "I'm sorry." She giggled.

Both inhaled deeply to catch their breath.

      "So, what do you wanna do today?" The blue-haired boy asked. Marinette thought for a moment, then she just suggested they walk together around the city. Luka didn't mind. After all, anything that had to do with spending quality time with Marinette he enjoyed.

      Currently, the two were headed towards the waterfront to view the boats that would sail by. They started a conversation about how things are going with Kitty Section, the views that they got on their website, plans for future meetups, and eventually... it got to the honest point of the conversation.