Chapter Six-Shopping

The next day, Kara went shopping with Lucy. Just some bonding time before she had to go back to London and Rami had to g back to filming the Bond movie. Ben would surely have to go back as well. Soon she would be alone again and normally she didn't mind that, but with the breakup, it kind of hurt. She checked her phone when she woke up and found an email conformation from Hawaiian airlines confirming the flight to Hawaii in a couple weeks with for her and Ben Jones.

(Ben's real last name. Hardy is a stage last name.) She couldn't believe that she did that. She wasn't even sure if she could afford it, since she would have to look for a place of her own soon. She couldn't live at Rami's place forever.

Memories of last night came floating . She talked to Ben at the bar about the movie he finished. His home life, his dog, Frankie. The cute little Beegle he wanted to get back to, how he got into acting. The games they played back at the house. Rami dared Kara to kiss Ben. Not really in the mood to kiss, she opted for his cheek.

Right after Kara and Lucy left Rami's place to go get breakfast, Ben woken up and texted her as he didn't get to talk to her before they left. Lucy left a note telling Rami and Ben that they were going out. Ben texted Kara.'Hey. When you two get back, can I take you out to dinner? I really want to talk about last night.'

Kara thought about his text once she was looking in the summer dress part of the Store. She couldn't decide which to try on first. She found a lovely green and white one that would be perfect for any occasion. She grabbed it and tired it on.

She looked herself in the mirror. It fitted her nicely, but she needed a second opinion "Hey, Lucy." She called out to her as she was by the shoes. She came right over and looked at Kara. "Wow. You look amazing in that dress. I think Ben will like it, too."

Kara scoffed at Lucy. "Ben?" She shook her head. "I'm not interested in Ben or any man right now. I'm focused on me. Plus, it's too soon."

She went right back into the fitting room she was at and took off her the dress.Lucy went right back to looking at the shoes. "I don't know, Kara. I mean, Rami wasn't broken up too long with his girlfriend before we started dating. And neither was I after I broke up with my boyfriend. You just never know when you're going to meet someone special." She smiled thinking of Rami.

"Yes, but I'm just not ready." She said while getting out of the fitting room, dress in hand.

Lucy grabbed some shoes that might go along with the dress she had in her hand. "No one is ever really ready. It's just something that happens."

"Well, he did just text me to ask me out to dinner tonight."

Lucy grinned from ear to ear. "And what did you say back?"

"Nothing I haven't texted him back yet. I thought I would have some girl time with you.

Lucy smiled, "While I appreciate that, you don't want to leave him hanging. Text him back."

Kara nodded and pulled out her phone from her purse and texted Ben that she would love to have dinner with him. Probably to tell her that he can't go with her to Hawaii. It was too soon, and they barely knew each other. She could just go to Hawaii alone. No big deal.

He replied back with 'Great. See you when you get back.' And Kara couldn't help but smile. Lucy caught that and smiled back, "So are you buying the dress?"

Kara looked up at Lucy. "You know it." They went up to the register, paid then went to a movie.

(Sorry it's a short chapter, but I wanted to see these two ladies bonding a bit. Hope you enjoyed this brief chapter. There's more to come.)

Thanks for reading, Lovely's  

-Erin