Chapter Twenty-Two-The Talk

The party had ran till 3 am. Many of the guests had left, including Rami and Lucy who wanted to "celebrate" more of their engagement back at their flat. Gwilym stayed up to clean up. After that he went home, and Kara and Ben finally got to bed around 5, slept till 11 and decided to go out for brunch, thinking that coffee and pancakes with eggs and bacon would help with the hang over.

During their meal, Ben thought now was as good of time as any to bring out what Gwil had asked about at the tea several days ago. "So how much longer are you staying in London?" He asked taking a sip of his coffee, starting off lightly.

Kara looked at him as she chewed and shawled her pancakes. "Oh, just a little while longer. I have to go back to the store eventually." She sipped some juice and took a bite of her bacon.

Ben nodded at her, "And that's what you want? Are you happy doing it?" He asked knowing it wasn't the truth.

Kara sighed. "No. I mean I like the store, but I hate LA. I hate the bad driving, the traffic, and I strongly dislike the people and it's so lonely. I think I want to move."

"Where?"

"Here. If that's ok." Kara sipped her coffee looking at him.

Ben smiled, "I would love that too. But it feels like it's too soon."

Kara raised her eyebrow. "Too soon?"

"Yeah, I just don't want to rush into anything."

"Says the guy that wanted to be in a relationship after only a few days in Hawaii." She pouted.

"I still stand by that. I love you, but I'm not ready to live together just yet."

Kara scoffed to Ben, "Who said we'd be living together? I'm just seeing if it would be ok if I lived in the same city as you. I know you'd never move to LA and I hate LA, so I just am seeing if it's ok with you to move to London. I don't want to live with you yet."

"But you'll have to because London flats are expensive, and you don't make much money from your business."

Kara's blood began to boil. She kept it cool as she didn't want to look like a hot Headed loudmouth American. She stopped from gritting her teeth. "How do you know how much money I make? My online sells do well, I'll have you know." She downed her orange juice. She went up to the front and paid for their meal with her card to spite Ben and then she left.