Chapter fifteen- Grocery shopping

It was a Friday and Kara decided to take the day to herself. Giving herself a long Weekend. Stranger things did not help, and she tossed and turned in her sleep. Partly because of Gerald's proposal and partly because she missed Ben and didn't seem to sleep right without him next to her. It took everything she had to not call him just then; thinking he might be busy. She didn't want to seem clingy when that wasn't her at all.

She got up and made herself coffee, had a light breakfast with Juice and then she realized that was the end of the juice, she thought that's something I can do; I will go to the store. So, she finished her breakfast, put more coffee in her to go cup, washed her dishes and dried them, put them away. She then went to take a shower shave her legs and wash her hair. Getting out of the shower, she then towel dried her hair and died herself off.

Moments after letting the bathroom air out, Kara then plugged in her hair dryer And blew dried it for 20 min. She then went to her room and grabbed a pair of skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and white bra and panties. She put them on, then put on some light foundation blush and lipstick, and putting her light brown hair in a lose ponytail. Grabbing some flats, she put them on and then grabbed her purse, making sure she had her cell, keys in it.

She walked out of the house a few moments later with her purse and coffee cup and drove to the store. Arriving at the store, she drove around the lot looking for a parking spot. Currently, no one was more awake then she was as no one but here was watching out for people around them. "LA drivers." She muttered to herself and shook her head. "Why do I live here, again?" Someone finally left their spot and Kara pulled up and parked. Turning off the car and getting out.

The man looked out his car window who wasn't moving and on his cell phone texting yelled out to her. "Hey! I was gonna park there."

Kara rolled her eyes at the man, "Yeah, but you didn't. How about you get off your phone while you drive, before a cop writes you a ticket that you can't afford." She uncapped her coffee, took a sip, put back on the lid and walked into the store. Thinking she only needed a few things; she grabbed a basket and not a cart and headed to the juice isle. Grabbed to things of orange juice, and a half gallon of skim milk.

She then went over to the meat isle and decided to get some chicken, salmon and a couple steaks. She then went over to the produce isle and standing near the lettuce was none other than Joe Mazzello who was one of two male leads in Gerald's movie. She wasn't sure if she could talk to him. Even though she did nothing wrong, he was more Gerald's friend than hers at this point. She decided to turn away and just get spinach instead of lettuce. It was better for you anyway.

Joe lifted his head up as he saw her out of the cornier of his eye. "Hello Kara."

Kara sighed and turned around, giving him a fake smile. "Hello Joe. Fancy running into you here." She then grabbed some lettuce. "Well, I gotta go. These won't keep cool in this weather." She turned and walked away, grabbing tomatoes and avocados.

"I'm sorry for what Gerald did to you." Joe said, as Kara stopped in her tracks and looked around to see if anyone heard that. Joe stepped toward her. "I know what it's like to have someone do that to you. A few years ago, my ex of 5 years did that to me. She was cheating on one of my good friends." Kara turned around to face Joe. "For over a year." Joe continued, "I caught them together just like you did with Gerald and Olivia. It took me a long time to get over it and trust someone else. But that doesn't seem to be an issue with you." He smiled.

Kara looked at him, "It not the issue when it's someone like Ben." She smiled back to Joe.

Joe nodded, "I know. We all saw that coming for a long time now. I'm happy for you both. Even though you kind of stole my man."He teased, knowing the Harazzllo shippers on Instagram would be mad at Kara for 'breaking them up', but she didn't care.

"Sorry." She shrugged.

"I forgive you." Joe narrowed his eyes playfully to her. They both laughed and went to get bread and went to the check out line. Joe let her go first. "Hey, you want to get a drink tonight?" 

Kara looked at him as she put her items on the coverbal with a raised eyebrow. Joe put up his hands in defense. "Just a friendly one, I promise."

Kara smiled, placing the last of her items on the belt as the check out girl rang them up. "I'd love to." She told him, sliding in her savings card.

Joe placed some of his on there to. Putting some of his items there to and putting the diver between his and her food items. "Great meet me at the bigfoot lodge. It's karaoke night."

"Sounds like fun." Kara said, paying for her groceries. She took the receipt and grabbed the three bags. Having a hard time carrying the third bag. Joe noticed this and stopped her. "Hold on. I'll help you with one of them, in a sec." He paid his items and grabbed his bag and took one of hers, while she carried the other two.

They walked out to her car, unlocking the trunk and putting the bags in her car. She closed the trunk. "Thank Joe for helping me out here. I'll see you tonight?"

Joe smiled, "Your welcome. I'll see you tonight." He glistered his free hand for a hug. She hugged him and Joe walked to his car with his bag and she got in her car and drove home.

A/N: I just wanted to get this out before my long, busy weekend. Hope you enjoyed it.