Chapter Twenty-Tea Time

Sun hit the room in the morning. Kara eyes widened, forgetting she wasn't in her own bed, but loved the feel of Ben's sheets over her naked body; and how the mattress felt so comfortable; like laying on a cloud. She almost didn't want to leave it for the day.

Turning over and expecting Ben to be sleeping next to her... He wasn't. She Instead found a note in his place and it read:

Dear Kara,

Went out to get coffee and breakfast. Be back soon.

Love,

Ben.

Kara smiled put on her silk robe and walked downstairs. She went to the fridge to grab some juice, pouring it into a glass. She then grabbed some plates from the cabinet and set them down at the table and silverware, just in case. She took a sip of her juice as Ben came in with the bags of food. Kara rushed over to help him. "You know... we could've just gone out for breakfast."

Ben smiled as they unpacked the food. "Yeah, well... I forgot to go shopping and you looked so peaceful, sleeping, that I didn't want to wake you."

Kara grinned at him. "You're sweet." She said putting away the veggies, then the meat, and other pairable items, but not the fruit. She was really craving it for breakfast. She cut it up, while Ben got out the containers with their scrambled egg whites and whole wheat toast. She looked at it puzzled.

Ben noticed that, "Just thought we'd go lighter since he had all that Chinese food last night." He handed her, her coffee to soften it.

Kara lightened, "Good call. I wanted something light." She brought over the chopped up berries and melon and Ben put the eggs and toast on their plates. "Though, I may have some as a late-night snack." She teased and took a sip of coffee before taking a forkful of eggs.

Ben laughed, "How do you stay so fit?" He asked taking a bit of melon.

Kara shrugged, "I take long walks and it's all in moderation and good genes, I guess." She continued to eat.

"So, what do you want to do today?"

Kara thought about the question, as she really just wanted to stay in again, but she knew she would be bored, "Go to Paris." She joked and they laughed,

"Actually, lets take Frankie to the park."

Ben lit up when her heard that. She wanted his two girls to bond. She liked how Kara took a liking to her and he knew Frankie liked her, she was just a very shy dog. "Yeah, we can do that. She'd loved it." He rubbed her shoulder. They finished the breakfast, cleaned up and, Kara grabbed her purse. Ben got Frankie's leash and they walked to the dog park.