Prologue

First Cry.

" One more push, " the doctor's voice echoed in the room, and the tiny waddle made her way out of her mother's womb. As the babe got gently handed over to the nurse, it let out the first cry that brought a smile on the nurse's face at the miracle of birth. The nurse gently wrapped the baby girl in a clean towel as she smiled at the baby in her arms.

Every labor had been the same. It starts with the echo of pain from the mother and ends with the child's first cry. As if the mother's pain and struggle comes to a standstill.

Since it had been an excruciating day for the mother, the nurse took the child out to let her father have a glimpse first. She had seen the happiness radiating from his face as his hand reached towards his child, and sadly she also saw the moment that his face lost the joy.

" It is a girl, " the father spoke up words filled with disappointment. Maybe the child could sense the rejection that she began to wail at the lack of love from her father. The nurse had witnessed such occurrences before, but never this much detachment. She felt a rush of anger as she gathered the baby into her arms and headed back inside towards the girl's mother. She hoped that her mother wouldn't feel the same way as her father, but she can't help but notice the flicker of disappointment in her face as she took her daughter into her hands.

Yet it changed into a tender expression a few minutes later as the baby began to find comfort in her mother's embrace as her mother soothed the child's hunger. The nurse smiled back at the mother-daughter duo before leaving the room. Thankful that at least that little one had someone to look after her.

P.S: " A very short Prologue. Let me know your thoughts and feedback. Hit the votes if you liked it "

Thanks, @Mannmohanaa from India Forums for Beta Reading the Chapter.