Part 13: " Sorry dad "

24 hours later

Gauri cried enough for the day ,she cried when her best friend came for a visit ,she cried after she left and then she cried some more . She thought the tears would be dried up by now yet it threatened to fall once again as she saw the number of missed calls in her phone .

Arnav kept calling her and she didn't answer ,except a single I am fine message which she sent after his first missed call . She ignored him mostly because he would make her face the truth that it is within her hands to change the situation ,she wanted to hide behind the cover and let the adults work it out but in truth she was no longer a kid who had no say in her parent's life .

So she stepped outside her room in the middle of the night and tried to leave the house or more like sneak out ,if not for walking straight into her mom who looked surprised to see her all dressed up to go out .

" If you can't behave like adults than I think I should step up ,I am going to talk with him " Gauri answered her mom silent query before her courage failed her .

" Gauri ,I know I was a selfish mother and I know you agreed to this marriage for my happiness and for once I am trying to do right by you .Let him go Gauri we can live without him " her mother words didn't calm her but rather wanted her to rage at her for thinking this was what she wanted from her .

" You can maybe mom ,but I don't want to mom. I just want to call him dad at least once ,it is with in your choice to give up on your marriage but I won't give up on him " Gauri spoke up unwilling to let her mom think it was for her sake .

" You really are not acting this way for me ,you really want him back " the surprise in her mother tone made her aware how they all believed inspite of everything she still didn't accept him as her father ,how can they when she never called him as one .

" Yes mom ,please call him back .." Gauri spoke up and this time her mom believed her . Her mom asked her to go back to her room and she will talk with him.

For once gauri was relived that she didn't have to face him ,she didn't know what she would have said to him ,sorry for hurting him so long by her distance or thank him for loving her as his daughter .

And she had her answer the next day when she woke up from bed and went out ,he was back . They were talking with each other and both stopped when they noticed her , her mom looked at her with concern and she couldn't distinguish what was going through his brain .

Then he stood up and tried to walk towards her ,she wanted to say so much and yet she stood frozen in her place . Until she found courage in the thought she could no longer hide behind uncertainties and lose someone who loved her . It was time to be brave and speak up inspite of her fears .

" I am so sorry dad for everything " she spoke up and it was his turn to freeze now . Gauri thought it would be a life altering moment but there was only a echo of silence in the room ,until she saw his face that held so much tenderness that she found herself walking towards him this time and straight into his arms .

Gauri's barrier that she had over her heart fell under the protective embrace of her father , she stopped thinking of him as her mother husband long time back and yet voicing out the truth even to herself was freeing in a way she never expected .

She was free to completely trust him as a child trust their parents , until now she held back from giving him ,her trust . It was one of the reason she believed she may not be enough for him and he would want a child of his own , it was because she held back ,she got hurt easily . If she trusted him she wouldn't have doubted his love for her .

Her father it felt nice to accept the truth without holding back ,they may not be tied together by DNA but they were tied together by heart and it was more powerful than everything else .

P.S :"That it for now ,let me know your thoughts and Feedback. Hit the votes if you liked it "

Love

Juanita Reid .