Part 15:" Are we Dating ? "

Few Months later

Gauri was nervous as she walked into Kavya house , it has been few months since she realized her feelings for Arnav run deeper than friendship and yet she didn't know where he stood and last few times they met ,she wanted to ask him but backed out at the last moment.

Gauri knew it was time to ask soon and if his anger was in negative ,she wanted to be aware of it earlier than later . As she stepped inside Kavya house ,she was greeted with a big smile from Lekha aunty . Gauri liked everyone in Kavya house ,her grandparents and parents have always made her feel welcome .

It was polite to have a conversation with the elders first. So by the time she finished talking to them and headed to Kavya room ,she overheard argument between Kavya and Arnav . She knocked the door to highlight her presence but the siblings were busy arguing with each other.

With no other option ,she opened the door and stepped inside , the two of them came to a halt at the sight of her . Kavya looked to be in one of her moods ,the girl can be calm as a sleeping baby and then when she is in her mood it will be like all hell broke loose.

" Gauri ,just the right person i wanted to see " Kavya spoke to her with a smile ,and Gauri realized her name was going to get dragged in their fight ,she never got involved in their sibling fight so far .

Honestly her relationship with Ishaan was more like Lavanya and Yuv ,they have this age difference between that makes her see Ishaan as adorable little brother than annoying one . But for Gauri and Arnav they are more like tom and jerry when quarrelling with each other.

" Gauri ,you are my friend as your best friend ,well second best friend . I prohibit you from speaking to my brother " Kavya proclaimed enthusiastically. Gauri eyes drifted towards Arnav who looked surprised by his sister statement .

" Kavya ,what going on .." Gauri asked her friend,only to find that Arnav had asked her not to speak with his friends. Well she conveyed it as such while Arnav insisted he asked her not to date his friends .

" Well I let you date my friend ,why shouldn't I be allowed the same privilege . In fact you couldn't have had a better cupid than me " Kavya lashed right back at Arnav and Gauri closed her eyes in frustration .

This was not the way she wanted to find Arnav feelings for her were mere friendship and surely he would speak up and declare as such yet his silence only greeted her as she looked at him with surprise.

" This is different " was all he said to his sister and yet Gauri wondered how so , she didn't know if she should take it in a positive note or not.

" No ,if you can date Gauri then I can date your friend the one with spiked hair and the one who wears the spectacles. " Kavya answered back ,Gauri was aware of her friend long list of dating history yet she was taken back by her way of addressing them as if she didn't even know their name .

" You don't even know their name ,and yet you agreed to go on a date with both of them " Arnav argued back in frustration and she understood his concern . Kavya did tend to push his buttons often .

" Yes ,I will get to know them on their date " Kavya spoke up in her defense ,Gauri knew her friend wasn't trying to hurt anyone but for Kavya dating was thrilling prospect of being a teenager and she wanted to enjoy every moment of it.

" Talk some sense into your friend Gauri ,I am out " Arnav spoke to her and left them alone , she didn't want to take a side between them . So she remained silent after he left as she waited for Kavya to cool down .

" Why is he acting like my dad " Kavya spoke up a moment later , Gauri heart tugged to see her friend looking so lost .

" He doesn't want you to get hurt ,and you do know how protective he can be " Gauri answered back , she knew that Arnav can be over protective and maybe it was because of that Kavya tends to get over dramatic .

" You know what the stupid said ,that if I hurt his friends after dating them then he would have to give up on their friendship and so his friends are off limit . Does it make sense , it not like I get into dating anyone so I can break their heart .I am looking for the one " Kavya answered back .

Gauri understood her friend ,her parents fell in love at college ,got married earlier than planned because lekha aunty got pregnant with Arnav and yet they remained happy . Kavya grew up listening to them and was eager to find her better half soon . Unlike Lavanya or Gauri ,she wasnt good with waiting for anything . She wanted to meet him even if it meant dating everyone she found appealing to her eyes .

By the time Gauri took her leave,Kavya was back to herself and all forgot about her fight with Arnav because she asked her brother to drop Gauri off . And yet Gauri couldn't forget his silence when his sister asked if they were dating .

They haven't talked about it obviously and they haven't went anywhere together just the two of them , even Gauri knew dating involves more than texting and talking on phone often or finding each other company pleasant .

Gauri knew it wasn't the right time to broach the topic , but when she got down from his bike instead of bidding him good night and walking inside ,she found herself asking him the question that would shape the rest of their life .

"Are We Dating Arnav?" She spoke those four words and waited for his answer .

P.S :" That it for now ..Let me know your thoughts and Feedbacks .Hit the votes if you liked it "

Love

Juanita Reid .